Ltd Ed 'Solve et Elucido' Art Giclee
This fantastic reverberating giclee print is a gift for $500 donations
to Erowid. 12" x 12", stretched on canvas, the image wraps
around the sides of the 1" thick piece. It's signed by artist
Vibrata, and Erowid founders Earth & Fire.
10th Week: Is It Working?
Sertraline
by OpiatesrHeaven
Citation:   OpiatesrHeaven. "10th Week: Is It Working?: An Experience with Sertraline (exp72122)". Erowid.org. Aug 15, 2019. erowid.org/exp/72122

100 mg oral Pharms - Sertraline (daily)

Recently I was stricken with depression. From suicidal thoughts to absolute aggression, so I went to my doctor and he prescribed me Sertraline. At first it was 50mg's a day, the first 2 days I took it I got intense shivering, jaw clenching and an overall cold feeling...similar to a high dose of Adderall. After these 2 days I continued the 50 mg dosage and noticed a slight decrease in my social anxiety (which I've had for as long as I can remember) but nothing extremely noticeable. I continued this regimen for 5 weeks then the doctor upped my dosage to 100 Mg's a day. I never had any side effects from this and nothing changed. After 10 weeks of this and several visits to counselors and psychiatrists I was still depressed and the only thing that took this depression away was the occasional use of Hydrocodone. So all in all Sertraline did nothing for me and I am still depressed to this day.

On another note: During this 10 week period I used moderate dosages of Adderall twice and Hydrocodone 5 times. The Adderall's normal high was negated but the comedown was still strong as ever and seemed to last twice as long. Hydrocodone didn't seem to be affected and I still loved it with an intense passion like usual.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 72122
Published: Aug 15, 2019Views: 589
Pharms - Sertraline (88) : Depression (15), Medical Use (47), Not Applicable (38)