Subjective Effects of Psychedelics Survey
Researchers at the Psychedelic Research Lab at
Monash University, Australia are conducting a survey
about the subjective effects of classic psychedelics
(LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline, Ayahuasca, & MDMA).
I Feel Like I Just Wasted $20
Kratom
by Keegan
Citation:   Keegan. "I Feel Like I Just Wasted $20: An Experience with Kratom (exp72328)". Erowid.org. Mar 7, 2018. erowid.org/exp/72328

1 Tbsp oral Kratom (tea)

Okay First Time

I got 20g of crushed leaves(non-extract) from a reputable source, and used a tablespoon in a tea ball to make tea. After letting steep for about 10-15 min, I chewed and swallowed the wad of wet Kratom (it's not bitter when it's just leaves, not extract, similar to jasmine or black tea). Within about an hour, I felt the stimulant effects, but by an hour and a half they wore off and I felt like I had just taken a vicodin/opiate or perhaps valium. Blood pressure began to rise and now it is at an uncomfortable level, but I still feel good. It also gave me diarrhea.

Verdict: Will try again with Propanolol (a beta-blocker) to combat the circulatory side effects and to enhance anxiolytic effects. I was looking for something to combat anxiety, and I think it might do that well, if only it didn't raise blood pressure. Overall, I feel like I just wasted $20.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 72328
Published: Mar 7, 2018Views: 979
Kratom (203) : General (1), First Times (2), Unknown Context (20)