Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Where's My Body?
DXM
by Titan0119
Citation:   Titan0119. "Where's My Body?: An Experience with DXM (exp72552)". Erowid.org. Oct 18, 2009. erowid.org/exp/72552

946 mg oral DXM (liquid)

I was bored one night and couldn't score some bud so I tried drinking four bottles of Robitussin instead. Bad idea. About an hour later I didn't notice any effects and fell asleep in bed. When I woke up in my bed my mother, a cop, and a paramedic were standing over me. I don't remember exactly what they were saying or asked but long story short they put me into the ambulance and took me to the E.R. On the way there I looked down and saw my entire body was covered in this white sheet.

I asked the paramedic, 'Where's my body?'
'Right here,' he said gesturing to my body.
'I have a body!?' I said. He said yeah. I don't know why but I was under the impression that I was in Hell. I thought I was trapped in an ambulance that was going to drive me around for eternity. I got to the hospital and puked. It tasted like cough syrup. The doctor said I OD'd and would probably suffer some memory damage and be glad I didn't have any permanent brain damage from the fever and fast heartbeat.

I'm not sure I've changed, mentally, much since the trip. I think my long term memory may have suffered just a bit and some friends found out I 'OD'd on Cough Syrup' which kinda sucked. Luckily I didn't suffer a psychotic break or go insane. Seriously, though, it's not worth it.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 72552
Published: Oct 18, 2009Views: 10,558
DXM (22) : Bad Trips (6), Health Problems (27), Train Wrecks & Trip Disasters (7), Overdose (29), Post Trip Problems (8), Alone (16)