Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Mellow Experience
Salvia divinorum (5X Extract)
by SkeeterJones
Citation:   SkeeterJones. "Mellow Experience: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (5X Extract) (exp72570)". Erowid.org. May 14, 2021. erowid.org/exp/72570

smoked Salvia divinorum (extract - 5x)
  1 cig. smoked Tobacco - Cigarettes

I bought a 1/6 gram vial of Salvia 5X from the local headshop. Last night, I smoked 1/3 of the bottle but with very very mild effects (some dissorientation - hardly noticeable). I had thought that perhaps I should try something stronger (10x or 20x).

Instead, I smoked another 1/3 of the 5X bottle, today and the effects were much more noticable and just sort of came out of nowhere. I think it was on the 2nd or 3rd inhalation of my cigarette (and upon closing my eyes) that I felt like something was pulling the center of my chest backward. There were slight visual hallucinations that accompanied this - something similar to melted cheese being gently folded inward- very subtle, though.

I lay down and felt something like large bugs wriggling up inside my pant legs. This wasn't freaky in any way. I checked just to make sure there were, in fact, no bugs but was also fully conscious of the fact that this was probably just part of the hallucination.

I was listening to some Mozart and the music was much richer than usual - a bit more cavernous and 3-dimensional. Overall, this felt like a pot high, but didn't last more than 5 - 10 minutes. Never a scary moment. Pretty peaceful and happy. Nice way to ramp up to a stronger dose.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 72570
Published: May 14, 2021Views: 161
Salvia divinorum (44) : General (1), Unknown Context (20)