Waking up from a Dream
Salvia divinorum (5x extract)
by James
Citation:   James. "Waking up from a Dream: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (5x extract) (exp73040)". Erowid.org. May 27, 2020. erowid.org/exp/73040

1 bowl smoked Salvia divinorum (extract - 5x)

Have you ever woken up from a dream you canít remember? That was my first experience with Salvia. There are some factors working against me telling this story: first, Iím a sub-par writer. Second, the experience is hard to explain, so thereís a good change this story wonít make any sense to people who arenít me. Third, Iíve only ever tried weed before this, so I canít properly relate it to any other drugs.

I was home from the first year of college, and my parents and sisters were out of the house for a while, so I figured this would be prime time for me to try my Salvia. I pulled out my bong, went into my bathroom, turned on the shower just in case anyone came in, and loaded a bowl. I applied a flame with a torch lighter for only a second, then inhaled deeply. I remember it burning slightly, setting the bong down, and then zoning out while watching the smoke come out of the bongís carburetor. This is about 15 seconds into the trip. I lean back and prop myself up against the wall, and my head rolls to one side, where I see the mirror. But itís more than a mirrorÖ There are mirrors inside of it, and mirrors inside of those.

This is the point where I black out, but when I wake up, I have no recollection of smoking the salvia. Iím in another world, and the world where Iíve been living this whole time, the one where I smoked my salvia, was just a dream. It was one of those dreams where you wake up and you still have some of the dream left lingering in the back of your mind, but you canít remember it how hard you try. So now Iím awake in a new world, where Iím on the floor of my bathroom, and tiny people have set up a construction site around me and theyíre working on me. It was like the small people from Gulliverís Travels meets the Matrix, it felt like they were harvesting me.
This was terrifying to me. After this, I came back to the world, and realized I was high as fuck.

Now I could pick up a noise, coming from the back of my skull. It was something I had heard as a child, on TV, or in the movies, but it was repeating itself. It was insidious, and it felt like it was eating at my brain. I manage to mumble something along the lines of ďOh shitÖĒ It feels like it has been hoursÖ Surely my parents are home by now! I start panicking, packing up my bong as fast as I can (Note that this is why trip-sitters are handy. I could have hurt myself, or broken my bong). I get the stem out, and the bong all wrapped up, and Iím looking for my torch lighterÖ Its somewhere lost in the clutter, and I canít differentiate it from any of the other objects. It takes me about 30 panicky seconds to find it, and I shove it in the bag of paraphernalia, zip it up, and make my way, stumbling, back into my room, where I somehow manage to put it all back in its place. The noise is still going in my head.

I make it back to the shower and get it. The water is hot, so I turn it down as far as I can. The water is still hot. I decide to sit down, and the dimensions of the shower seem to alter. At some times, it seems like itís very big, and others, I feel like Iím cramped. And all at once, itís gone. The noise has stopped, my perceptions are back to normal, and the water is now really cold.

There werenít any after effects, except hating the trip at first, but Iíve come around, and realized it was a unique experience that I want to relive.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 73040
Published: May 27, 2020Views: 403
Salvia divinorum (44) : Entities / Beings (37), First Times (2), Alone (16)