Please take a minute to support Erowid
(Gifts available with memberships over $30)
Donate Cryptocurrency like Bitcoin
Possible Immunity to Ketamine?
Ketamine
by Moker
Citation:   Moker. "Possible Immunity to Ketamine?: An Experience with Ketamine (ID 7402)". Erowid.org. Sep 23, 2001. erowid.org/exp/7402

DOSE: 3 lines insufflated Ketamine (powder / crystals)

I have heard much about Ketamine and its effects, but this past week I have had two bad experiences. Both settings were my apartment.

The first time I tried K was late one night after work. A trusted friend had tried the stuff we bought on a previous occasion and reported to have seen many visuals (which, of course, is always fun). After purchasing two pouches of this substance (purportedly three lines apiece), a friend and I snorted ~1.5 lines. It smelled like the slime you got out of machines when you were a kid except in a powder form. I then smoked a joint with another friend while the other snorter sat out. After approximately 15 minutes, my friend was feeling something. I felt off baseline but not altered in any serious way. Perhaps this is because I am an experience drug user, but I did not see any references on Erowid in this regard. After at least 45 minutes, my friend was 'fucked up', and I was ready to go to sleep.

The next time I decided to try the entire pouch myself. After snorting the entire 3 lines, I put on some music for meditation. At this point, I had read James Kentís Metaprogramming From Within the Eye of the Storm, and was somewhat anxious to try it. After approximately 15 minutes, I felt a little off. I tried to calm my mind, control my breathing, slow my heartbeat... (with great effort) I did to some extent, but in the end, I failed. No visuals to speak of, and also, the duration could not have been longer than 20 minutes. Basically, it sucked.

Possible conclusions: A) I am immune. B) It wasn't K. C) It was not enough K for me. D) I have to break my tolerance for it.

And in the case of D, do I want to 'break my tolerance'? I do not think I am going to try K again at this point.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 7402