Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,376.

Donate by Bitcoin
A Life-Saver and a Curse
Alprazolam
by HaleyHeroin
Citation:   HaleyHeroin. "A Life-Saver and a Curse: An Experience with Alprazolam (exp74125)". Erowid.org. Jun 21, 2021. erowid.org/exp/74125

4 mg oral Pharms - Alprazolam (pill / tablet)
  16 mg oral Pharms - Alprazolam (pill / tablet)

[Erowid Note: The dose described in this report is very high, potentially beyond Erowid's 'heavy' range, and could pose serious health risks or result in unwanted, extreme effects. Sometimes extremely high doses reported are errors rather than actual doses used.]

I've been taking Xanax for about two years because of my anxiety disorder. But I've also been known to take it for recreational purposes.

When I'm highly anxious, a small amount of Xanax is a lifesaver. It makes me really calm and euphoric.

But on this occasion, I decided to take four mgs at once. Then I think I blacked out and took the entire bottle, which was about 20 pills.

I don't remember too much except I decided felt I had to get out of my house and skateboard down to my friend's house. But I kept stumbling and got quite a few bruises because my coordination was so terrible. At this point I realised I couldn't make it to my friend's house because I was way too messed up.

So at around 3 am, I called my friend and he came and picked me up at a bus stop. I ended up passing out on his couch.

The next morning, I found out my parents had filed a missing persons report on me because I pretty much disappeared and they knew I was under the influence of the drug.

This was the most unpleasant experience I've had on Xanax because I was really confrontational with my parents and just generally in a crappy mood. Most of the time Xanax sedates me to the point where I have to sleep. But for some reason at such a high dose, I felt more energised.

So in conclusion, Xanax is really fun in small doses. But too much can cause pretty horrible side-effects.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 74125
Published: Jun 21, 2021Views: 202
Pharms - Alprazolam (98) : Difficult Experiences (5), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Various (28)