Didn't Know My Own Name
MDMA & Harmaline
by Rene
Citation:   Rene. "Didn't Know My Own Name: An Experience with MDMA & Harmaline (exp7430)". Erowid.org. Jun 14, 2001. erowid.org/exp/7430

1 tablet oral MDMA
    oral Harmala Alkaloids (powder / crystals)

About six years ago I have taken a combination of MDMA (one pill) and pure harmaline hydrochloride. I do not remember what the dosage of harmaline was. But I do know that I have lost all memories of the experience itself and even the day before. And I will remember the scary period just after I awoke the morning after taking the combination for the rest of my life: I didn't even know my own name for a few hours. It took a few days before my memory recovered but the memories of the experience itself never came back. I definately do not want to repeat this experiment.

So apart from the blood pressure (cerebral hemorrhage) risk there may be a danger for a blackout at lower dosages.

Needless to say that I would advice very much against bioassays of a combination of amphetamines (including entactogens and psychedelic amphetamines) and MAOIs at any dosage.

Rene

Exp Year: 1995ExpID: 7430
Published: Jun 14, 2001Views: 601
MDMA (3), Harmala Alkaloids (76) : Unknown Context (20), Health Problems (27), Combinations (3)