Have you used Psychedelics or MDMA
for anxiety, depression, trauma, or PTSD
The Day After
MDMA
by emmyblu
Citation:   emmyblu. "The Day After: An Experience with MDMA (exp7450)". Erowid.org. Jun 16, 2001. erowid.org/exp/7450

oral MDMA (pill / tablet)

I have only rolled four times, but I still thougt it would be beneficial to others for me to share my experiences of 'the day after.'

Mindset and setting, preparations made for the experience: Each time I rolled, I was at a rave club with my best friend and one or two of her friends. The first two times I rolled, I made the decision to take ecstasy on the spur of the moment, though I had thought about rolling before and had researched the drug, so my actions were not completely spontaneous and uninformed. The third and forth times I rolled, I had been planning on going to the club with the intention of rolling. I only ever rolled if I strongly felt the desire to do so at the time. One time at the club, I had been planning on rolling, but upon arrival, I did not feel the 'magic' in the air that night and so decided to not do ecstasy that time.

Dosage and timing, other substances used:

Experience: Obviously I rolled the hardest the first time, feeling all the effects that are associated with ecstasy: increased empathy, love, unity, and acceptance, a desire to touch and be touched, an overall optomistic view of the world, a desire to talk openly with complete strangers and make new friends, being able to see beauty in everything, etc. I felt these effects each time, though to a lesser degree with each new experience. But I do not want to focus on the trip in this report, but on the after effects of the drug.

Constants: Each time I've rolled, the day after I have felt rather tired and worn down, though not unable to function. The 'hangover' was little more than a feeling of being tired from a long night out. However, this worn down feeling is always accompanied by a complete loss of appetite, and though I try to force myself to at least eat a slice of bread, I've never, ever wanted to eat ANYTHING the day after I rolled. I never really experienced any depression in the days following my E trip, but I have noticed a mild pain in my jaw that lasts 2-3 days afterward from clenching my jaw while I'm rolling. This is pretty common I think. I'm back to my perfectly normal self two days after I've rolled.

Unique to the first experience: The day(s) after the first experience had the qualities listed above, but they also had some additional features that were unique to the first time. This may have been because it was my first time rolling, or because I took more than one E pill, or because I took other pharmaceuticals, or some combination of the three. Also, the fact that I did not sleep at all until the night after I rolled (I was awake for at least 36 hours) may have made a difference. I had a slight headache and slight naseau, and as pointed out, I was very alert and had no desire to sleep, but I suspect that this was from the amphetamine in the Adderall. What was unique about the days afterward was my difficulty to break away from the dream world I entered on the night of my first roll. It was an incredible experience and I was reluctant to let it go. I did not feel depressed, but I did have extreme anxiety for about 5 days after the experience, worrying whether the guy I had met that night would call me or not, etc. I remebered the events of that night as if they were a dream, an event that had passed long ago, yet it had only happened 1 or 2 days ago. My sense of time was completely screwed up and it gave me a feeling of loss of control. Extreme anxiety, a sense of being out of control, and being unable to comprehend time--these characterized the next couple of days after my first roll. They were not always on my mind--I was able to function and think perfectly well--but they nagged me from the back of my brain. These negative effects passed after a week though, and they in no way outweighed the wonderfully positive experience of rolling for the first time.

I hope this helps anyone who is curious about the after effects of ecstasy. Like I said, I'm not super experienced or anything, but I thought I would share. I would be curious to know if anyone else has experienced the screwed up time symptom I described. It was very confusing and a little upsetting!

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 7450
Published: Jun 16, 2001Views: 8,966
MDMA (3) : Club / Bar (25), Post Trip Problems (8), Retrospective / Summary (11)