Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Two Pills to Weirdtown
Citalopram (Celexa)
by Buck Nasty
Citation:   Buck Nasty. "Two Pills to Weirdtown: An Experience with Citalopram (Celexa) (exp74887)". Erowid.org. Jul 25, 2021. erowid.org/exp/74887

20 mg oral Pharms - Citalopram (pill / tablet)

So I got home last night from work and wanted to take something to knock me out. I don't know why I took Celexa but that's what I had so that's what I took. Ten minutes after taking them I remembered why I still had them. About a year ago I had taken three or four of them with some beers, and almost died of Serotonin sickness. At least that's what I think it was. It was like passing out but instead of my vision going it was my hearing. Anyway about an hour after taking these two pills I started to feel nauseous and ill. My body grew weak as my vision became shaky. Not long after laying down in bed I was in the bathroom puking. I could have held it in, as my stomach wasn't too upset, but I wanted to rid my body of this disgusting drug before I felt any worse. Here I am, 14 hours later, feeling like shit. I feel tired and not all there. I have the same feeling I had for three days after my prior experience. I don't care about anything. Things that might raise some kind of emotion from me normally are simply tossed aside in my mind. I doubt this is the intended function of the drug as it takes a few weeks of regular dosing to get the desired effect but it it's anything at all like this neither positive nor negative mindset, then I would say it isn't worth it. Definitely not worthy for recreational use.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 74887
Published: Jul 25, 2021Views: 259
Pharms - Citalopram (227) : General (1), Alone (16)