Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Ambien - Similar to Alcohol for Me
Zolpidem (Ambien)
by Artimis
Citation:   Artimis. "Ambien - Similar to Alcohol for Me: An Experience with Zolpidem (Ambien) (exp7534)". Erowid.org. Jun 22, 2001. erowid.org/exp/7534

30 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)

Well, I'm a lightweight to begin with since I'm a rather small person (5'4'), and Ambien in large amounts seemed to have an extremely intoxicating affect on me. My doctor had prescribed Ambien to me, in 5mg pills, in December in order to help sleep during a bout of depression. I used just one pill every night for almost a month and a half, which is rare since it's recommended for only 10 days or so but my doctor gave me 3 30 pill presriptions. Naturally I built up a slight resistance to it and by March 1 pill would not help me sleep so I took 2 or 3 a night. Taking now 3 or 4 a night.

I was feeling adventurous two days ago *June 18th* and wound up taking six. I did not get any affects until about an hour after I took them, and then I was on a phone with a friend until about 2:30 in the morning and they said I sounded like I was drunk. The main affect it had on me was my loss of inhibitions *which can come after just 3 beers for me*, plus minor hallucinating. *An example - I was standing on a rug with a complicated design with a blue border and brown in the middle. I soon thought the blue part was moving and for 15 minutes believed I was on a raft going down a river*. The main problem was that I couldn't remember everything I said or did --- and apparently had a bonding , opening-up conversatoin with my friend and we were crying for an hour over the phone.

Another affect besides the sensation of being intoxicated and having slight hallucination, was that I had increased sensation *or sensation of sensation*. I seem to enjoy wax a lot, I dug it out of a candle in a pot, and rubbed it for half an hour. But I mostly remember, or was told, was that I did things that I normally only did when I was drunk.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 7534
Published: Jun 22, 2001Views: 11,829
Pharms - Zolpidem (143) : General (1), Alone (16)