Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Staying Up All Night Without Dope
Sleep Deprivation
by Richard
Citation:   Richard. "Staying Up All Night Without Dope: An Experience with Sleep Deprivation (exp75365)". Erowid.org. Apr 30, 2018. erowid.org/exp/75365

I remember going to an all night skate in 1981 when almost 16 years old. Late at night when other skaters sneak off to sleep but I managed to stay awake all night, REM sleep does interfere with consciousness. I had to close one eye when skating to keep from seeing double, which only happens late at night. When I had to force my eyes open, the form constants of REM sleep are identical to an article written in Discover magazine about a Navajo all night ceremony.

In high school I was used to staying up late to do homework, because often I could not stand looking at my homework when I just got home, and getting sleepy while listening to rock music late at night makes me much more creative. Leaving the radio on all night would help me to get up in the morning to proofread any otherwise done work.

Exp Year: 1981ExpID: 75365
Published: Apr 30, 2018Views: 1,099
Sleep Deprivation (140) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Alone (16)