Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
Lyrica for Opiate Detox
Pregabalin (Lyrica)
by Thermonuclear
Citation:   Thermonuclear. "Lyrica for Opiate Detox: An Experience with Pregabalin (Lyrica) (exp75583)". Erowid.org. Jul 28, 2021. erowid.org/exp/75583

200-800 mg oral Pharms - Pregabalin (capsule)

I am submitting this since I have not seen anyone mention use of Lyrica for Opiate Detox. I have had an opiate habit for over 10 years now however I do not buy street drugs. I have an enormous tolerance taking over 20 15mg Oxycodone tabs per day however since my meds are physician scripts I obviously run out in about two weeks. I currently have monthly scripts for 120 15mg Oxycodone, 60 40mg Oxycontin, 30 10mg Ambien, 75mg Elavil and 60 200mg Lyrica. Obviously I do not take them at the required dosage so I run out about halfway through the month and have to detox. I found Lyrica about 8 months ago and it completely eliminates my detox symptoms.

However, I may vary from some addicts in the sense that I detox every month. I can say that my tolerance has slowly increased every month in lieu of that fact though. I can guarantee if nothing else Lyrica will allow me to sleep a full 8 hours on an opiate detox. I would start with 200mg just for safety since I am certain that you can build a tolerance to Lyrica.

Warning, I do experience detox symptoms from Lyrica. Some people claim that Lyrica detox is not bad at all, I have not experienced opiate detox for 8 months though so maybe I just have forgotten how bad it is.

From my perspective Lyrica is a godsend for Opiate abuse, as stated I report NO DETOX SYMPTOMS when using Lyrica.

Lyrica takes about 2 hours to fully affect me so keep that in mind when searching for an effective dose.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 75583
Published: Jul 28, 2021Views: 178
Pharms - Pregabalin (418) : Not Applicable (38), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Retrospective / Summary (11)