Erowid relies on the generosity of the public for funding.
Please, include Erowid Center in your charitable giving!
Tranquility
Alprazolam (Xanax)
by kel
Citation:   kel. "Tranquility: An Experience with Alprazolam (Xanax) (exp75789)". Erowid.org. Feb 15, 2018. erowid.org/exp/75789

.75 mg oral Pharms - Alprazolam (pill / tablet)
    oral Pharms - Promethazine (liquid)

It was a friday, and I am a highschool student. I woke up, and school was cancelled because of the winter weather. So I was awake around 8 a.m., and I began to read up alittle bit on meditation. I decided to try it out for my first time. I went back, grabbed three .25 mg pills of xanax, and took them down with a small cup of water. I also took a small sip of the promethazine I had laying around.

I then went back to my computer and surfed the web for a few minutes until I felt it was the right time to attempt meditation. It was about 15 minutes after taking the xanax.

So I went back into my room, and opened the curtains up, so only natural light was coming into my room. Then I sat where it seemed both windows were shining their light.

I proceeded to sit down, cross legged, with the palms of my hands on the kneecaps. Then I sat with my back straight aligned, neck aligned straight with back, and closed my eyes.

I sat there for a minute and felt very calm and peaceful, breathing only through my nose. Then I started to get a rhythm in my breathing, but I just let that pass by my thoughts.

Then all my attention focused on my nose, because it had the most activity out of anything in my body. And then my face started pulsating, right behind my eyes, and through my nose. And thoughts began to rush through my mind, but I just let them pass, I felt them passing through my right side of my skull and going out the left side. All I felt and knew was calm, peace, and happiness.

Definitely a strange but positive experience, and I will try it again.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 75789
Published: Feb 15, 2018Views: 9,774
Pharms - Alprazolam (98) : Alone (16), Personal Preparation (45), Combinations (3), General (1)