Erowid - Honest Global Drug Information
Do Not Take with Alcohol
Melatonin & Alcohol
by DAVE
Citation:   DAVE. "Do Not Take with Alcohol: An Experience with Melatonin & Alcohol (exp76945)". Erowid.org. Jul 3, 2009. erowid.org/exp/76945

3 mg oral Melatonin (pill / tablet)
  1 glass oral Alcohol (liquid)

I'm 19 years old and an almost daily pot smoker. I use it mostly for insomnia, along with ambien, bennadryl, melatonin, basically any sleep aid I can get my hands on. I rarely drink, but since I'm dry on weed I decided to have a couple earlier tonight at a friends house around 10 PM. I barely got drunk at all, and around 1 AM I drove home (not under the influence). I had a single mike's hard lemonade that I brought home with me, which I just used to wash down a 3mg melatonin. This was roughly a half hour ago.

I'm now feeling intense nausea, and panic attack-like symptoms similar to what I've felt with high oral doses of weed. Lots of chest pain, and some difficulty breathing. I had a similar expierence with alcohol and ambien about a month ago. Again, I drank so little that I could not feel the effects of the alcohol. I got home, took an ambien, and went to bed. Woke up about an hour later and had intense feelings of nausea, panic, and sedation. Do not take sleep aids with alcohol.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 76945
Published: Jul 3, 2009Views: 33,151
Melatonin (94), Alcohol - Beer/Wine (199) : Bad Trips (6), Combinations (3), Alone (16)