Black & Brown & Yellow & Red Lives Matter
Every. Life. We're all in this together. Let's all do what we can to
make the world a better place. Breathe. Appreciate the breath.
The Gaba Amino Acid
L-Theanine
by fungame
Citation:   fungame. "The Gaba Amino Acid: An Experience with L-Theanine (exp7705)". Erowid.org. Jun 28, 2001. erowid.org/exp/7705

1 mg oral Pharms - Alprazolam (daily)
  200 mg oral Theanine

I ordered a bottle of L-theanine online. I am currently on xanax 1 milligram at night to sleep. I am a very anxious, high-strung personality, so I figured I would give the theanine a try.

After a weigh lifting workout, I took 200 milligrams. Usually it takes me a while to relax from the pre-workout caffeine. After about 45 minutes I felt pleasantly slowed down (not as strong as xanax but better than 5htp or tryptophan). The feeling lasted for about 2 hours.

I have also taken it at the same time as xanax and it seems to slightly boost the effects. I like it, but I always had a strong urge toward depressants (alcohol, benzos, GHB, GBL).

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 7705
Published: Jun 28, 2001Views: 5,335
Theanine (413) : Not Applicable (38), Retrospective / Summary (11), Combinations (3)