Citation: insomniac. "Complete Memory Loss: An Experience with Zopiclone & Alcohol (exp78690)". Erowid.org. Feb 9, 2018. erowid.org/exp/78690
My doctor gave me a prescription for 60 Zopiclone pills. I was to take one pill (15mg) an hour before bedtime each night and to call him if it wasn't working. One night when I was by myself, I decided to see it interact with alcohol, first hand.
- 21:30 I began having alcoholic drinks.
- 21:45 I had my first 7.5 zopiclone pill.
- 22:00 I continued drinking and could feel the first zopiclone kicking in. I had a significant buzz but did not become drowsy.
- 22:10 I took my second dosing of zopiclone, had a couple more drinks and went to my room.
- 22:20-10:40 I began watching tv and eating crackers. I was starting to become more intoxicated but wasn't what I would consider drunk. Somewhere during this time I either fell asleep, or blacked out.
-12:00 13 hours later I woke up in my bed. At first I did not realize what had happened but soon found that I was wearing different clothes and that my room was slightly messier than I had left it. I have zero recollection of anything I did that night
The next day I had the terrible tasting sensation and for a couple hours after I had woken up, I had a bit of a dissasociated feeling. It kind of felt like I was just spectating while my body performed the simplest tasks. This did not last very long. Well this experience wasn't harmful to anybody, it has caused me to quit taking Zopiclone.
COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.