Very Nice Medicine
Kratom
by Ope_Head
Citation:   Ope_Head. "Very Nice Medicine: An Experience with Kratom (exp78768)". Erowid.org. Aug 22, 2018. erowid.org/exp/78768

5 g oral Kratom (tea)

I have been using opiates for several years now, and when I cannot get them I always experience unnerving withdrawal symptoms. It started with Oxycodone, and ended up with a Suboxone prescription, but nothing seems to help fix the chemical issues in my brain. I did however find something I believe to be a promising healing herb in the face of opiate addiction. Kratom, the East Asian herb that contains compounds that resemble yohimbine in chemical structure, but act more like opioids once in the brain, as they bind to the mu-opioid receptor sites. It costs like 10-20$ an ounce, a great buy.

I bought some Kratom online from a highly reputable vendor, and brewed a tea with it using 5 grams of dried leaf in a small amount of boiling water for about 10 minutes. The leaves were then strained from the liquid, which is very bitter but much more tolerable than say, liquer, like vodka and such.

10min.- I can already feel effects, feeling lightheaded, in a positive way, and there is a remarkable sensation of numbness in the mouth, VERY similar to cocaine.

20min.- Many people report feelings of stimulation at this point, but I am now feeling sedated and slightly drowsy, but the effects at this point are very opiate-like, but different, almost like a mixture of morphine and alcohol.

1hr.- Quite sedated, I just want to lie down and either do nothing or watch television. My withdrawal symptoms are completely alleiviated.

5-6hr.- The effects begin to fade, leaving some after feelings similar to those of coming down from opiates and very slight, faintly detectable feelings of a hangover, but these are not that significant.

Conclusion- When Kratom is taken to alleiviate opiate withdrawal, it is very useful when used and treated as a medicine. I made one cup of tea every morning for about 3 days, and on the fourth day, my withdrawals were GREATLY reduced and I had NO desire to make more tea, I simply felt better.This is not a 'trippy' drug. It is nothing like marijuana, LSD, mushrooms, etc. I did not get any personal insight or mental stimulation, but it was a very effective natural medicine to aid in my pain management and stress reduction.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 78768
Published: Aug 22, 2018Views: 973
Kratom (203) : General (1), Retrospective / Summary (11), Addiction & Habituation (10), Glowing Experiences (4), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Unknown Context (20)