Spiral Erowid Zip Hoodie
This black mid-weight zip hoodie (80/20) has front pockets,
an Erowid logo on front chest, and a spiral design on back.
Donate and receive yours!
It Felt as if I Had Smoked a Quarter Bag
Cannabis & Amanitas - A. muscaria
by dirtyape
Citation:   dirtyape. "It Felt as if I Had Smoked a Quarter Bag: An Experience with Cannabis & Amanitas - A. muscaria (exp79352)". Erowid.org. Jul 11, 2019. erowid.org/exp/79352

4 hits smoked Cannabis
  4.5 g oral Amanitas - A. muscaria (tea)

First Time

I've been studying amanita muscaria for some time. When dealing with a mushroom that my mother made me afraid to even touch, I need to be careful.

From what I understood, drying takes out the substance that brings out the ill effects. Boiling, from what I read, can take out the good substances from the mushroom. When Friday rolled around, I knew what I was going to do...

I took the fourteen gram package of dried muscaria that I bought online and divided it into three parts. A little was missing, because I had smoked some during the week, but it was pretty close to a full half ounce. I tore the mushroom into pieces and dropped the pieces into some (12 oz) water that was hot to the touch. There, the pieces soaked for three hours. At the end of that time, I took out the floating pieces and poured the rest into a cup. After a squeeze of lemon, I took it downstairs to drink.

Yes, it is pretty nasty, although not as bad as kratom or opium tea. With a couple of cookies for the aftertaste, I was able to drink the entire dose.

I had smoked about four hits of cannabis for the nausea.
I had smoked about four hits of cannabis for the nausea.
After drinking the tea, it felt as if I had smoked a quarter bag. It was a happy, body-high; however, there were no hallucinations and no CEVs. It sedated me to the degree that I had to go to bed two hours after using it.

That's it. I plan to up the dose a few grams some other time and see what happens. I will take it easy and treat the mushroom with the respect that it deserves...

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 79352
Published: Jul 11, 2019Views: 661
Amanitas - A. muscaria (70) : Unknown Context (20), Combinations (3), First Times (2)