Support Erowid Center with a $45 Donation
And get a blacklight-inked "Erologo" t-shirt!
Anectode
LSD & Migraines
by Geo
Citation:   Geo. "Anectode: An Experience with LSD & Migraines (exp79433)". Erowid.org. Jun 18, 2009. erowid.org/exp/79433

repeated   LSD

This report stems from personal experience and concerns the possible use of LSD in treating migraine headaches. In my family, a number of my direct relatives suffer from regular migraine headaches. This fate visited itself upon me starting with the age of 12. I would get migraine headaches once a month; almost like clockwork.

At the age of 17, after having suffered migraine headaches monthly for approx. 5 years, I began taking LSD for non-clinical (recreational) purposes. After I began to take LSD, my migraine headaches completely ceased; even after I stopped using LSD. This headache-free period lasted approx. 6 years (approx. 2 years after I stopped using LSD altogether). After this period I started getting migraines again, although they now only occur a few times a year.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 79433
Published: Jun 18, 2009Views: 8,956
LSD (2), Migraines (154) : Health Benefits (32), Not Applicable (38)