Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Bad Cartoon
Salvia divinorum (250x extract)
by plumber
Citation:   plumber. "Bad Cartoon: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (250x extract) (exp81048)". Erowid.org. Aug 23, 2018. erowid.org/exp/81048

600 mg smoked Salvia divinorum (extract)

No stranger to almost everything, I loaded a little more than a half a gram of 20x extract into a pipe, I completely consumed it with one huge slow controlled hit. Yeh, I read the warnings. Now I wish I had a 'sitter'.

As I exhaled, I was compelled to stand up. I looked down at the pipe in my hand and glanced at a multi colored blanket laying on the couch. That was the exact moment it started. As I fell the colors of the blanket bent into a long trail of bright colored stripes, following me to the floor. I 'awoke' realizing I was a inanimate stain of colored stripes lying next to the stripes I had seen while falling. I resisted this 'reality' and began screaming help me. Now I was lying in my driveway screaming help me to my neighbors. I was 'told' by something that my whole conscious experience was not real and that I needed to accept this true reality. I struggled to move but could not. The houses across the street turned into a cartoon like painting as I was told again to not struggle...that my feelings and fears were not real. so I laid there like a stain next to the other stain, trying to give up the memories of my imagined life.
I was a stain that had some how stumbled upon a concept of consciousness. I almost gave up and embraced my true reality. Fear gripped me again as I refused to accept this. I felt my body begin to move and my awareness returning. I screamed for help again as I forced myself to my feet. Then I realized I had fell out, and remembered what I had smoked minutes before. Panting and still seeing everything as unreal paintings and cartoon renderings of the things around me, all I could mutter is wow! I was so grateful to be alive and coming back I cannot describe it.

This all lasted 2.5 minutes. I never was in my driveway. I had been out right were I fell. In retrospect, I believe the detachment of the experience was so powerful I nearly left my body (died) in an attempt to except this 'true reality'. I also believe many people would not come back mentally from this experience if it lasted longer than a few minutes. No spank you. No Spank you very much. Far from life changing and truly dangerous to the unaware. It seeks to separate me from my self in a very real way. Yes it was my first time. But how do you warn a self proclaimed heavy weight?

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 81048
Published: Aug 23, 2018Views: 515
Salvia divinorum (44) : Difficult Experiences (5), First Times (2), Alone (16)