Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Heart Problems
Cannabis
by PAt
Citation:   PAt. "Heart Problems: An Experience with Cannabis (exp8126)". Erowid.org. Dec 2, 2003. erowid.org/exp/8126

smoked Cannabis (plant material)

Ive got a bit a problem...I'm a healthy 17 year old, and I began smoking weed about a year ago. Everything was fine until one night (about 6 months after I had started smoking) I got really blazed, and suddenly about 5 min. later my heart just went crazy sped up tremendously and began pounding violently and painfully. That night i SERIOUSLY thought I was going to die; it was the scariest experience of my life. The next day I had sharp pains radiating from my heart, so I went to the doctor who told me that my EKG was 'abnormal'. I stopped smoking for several months and tried once again, only to have the exact same thing happen (I was wearing a heart monitor, it read 135 bpm)...and again a month later. I am seeing a doctor about this but he has no expertise on illicit drugs (navy doctor).

I have heard of this happening to people, so I thought that maybe somebody here may have some words of wisdom. I really, really miss milkin a nice, fat, tasty joint and looking at the stars and just...I'm getting all choked up just thinking about it.

PS: I know that the weed was not laced because I had been smoking out of that same sack for a long time.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 8126
Published: Dec 2, 2003Views: 6,815
Cannabis (1) : Alone (16), Post Trip Problems (8), Health Problems (27)