Losing Face
Salvia divinorum (10x extract)
by Around the Corner
Citation:   Around the Corner. "Losing Face: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (10x extract) (exp81336)". Erowid.org. Jan 27, 2020. erowid.org/exp/81336

1 hit smoked Salvia divinorum (extract - 10x)

Losing Face: First Time Smoking S. Divorinum

I put just a pinch of S. Divinorum 10x in a pipe, the kind of pipe old men smoke. I didn't have a pipe screen so I crumbled up several tiny pieces of aluminum into little balls and let them serve in lieu of a screen.

I wasn't sure how much of the 10x I would need but I had enough herb in the bowl for about 2 or 3 tokes. (I ended up needing just the one.)

I noticed the heat and the taste first. The heat was not unbearable; it was hot, but I didn't need to cough or anything. The taste was the characteristic S. divinorum flavor, which I recognized from having tried tincture in earlier tests. The taste is bitter and very vegetative. I do not like it at all in the tincture; when smoking it is still not delicious but it is tolerable. Anyway, I only noticed it briefly. Still, I think I wasted too much time thinking about the taste. I should have concentrated on putting everything down and getting ready for blast-off. Instead, I was still holding the pipe when I felt the come-up starting, and I had to quickly set the pipe down. I did not however put down the lighter.

It hit really fast. I barely had time to put down the pipe.
I barely had time to put down the pipe.
And then I was gone. Really, really gone. I don't know how long it lasted and I don't remember much about it, except there was a woman, a large-boned blond woman possibly named Margaret, who was leaning out of the (back?) door of a white house with a flag mounted on the wall next to the door. (I think it was an American flag.)

Also, towards the end I felt like a strip of reality was being torn away, like skin being torn away when you remove a band-aid (or a bandi-plast if you are in the UK). The strip included a chunk of New Jersey and part of my face. (I was not in New Jersey at the time, although I recently had been.) That feeling may have been because I was leaning over sideways in my chair and so blood was rushing to the side of my face. But this is just a guess; I could have been leaning sideways, backwards, or fucking a monkey for that matter. I just don't know. (But we don't have monkeys in my neighborhood so I guess that's one thing I don't have to worry about...)

When I became aware of myself again it was fragmented. I remembered my wife and daughter, but only as people that I knew; I was vague on how they were related to me. I just knew that my daughter was someone nice who might help me, and my wife was someone to be concerned about. (Neither was home but I forgot that part.)

Next, I started to become more aware of my surroundings. I was on my back porch. It was nice out there, but I felt like it was part of a cocoon floating in random space. Eventually I realized that it was outside, but attached to a house, which I soon realized was my house. I had a house!

The lighter and the little packet of S.d. were both still clutched in my hand. This became a concern to me; I had to hide them! I hid them in the garage, and only then did I realize that I wasn't holding my pipe as well. I went back to the porch to get the pipe and hid everything in the garage (in their normal hiding spots btw). This was a little dangerous because my balance was all screwy, and unnecessary because I had a good half hour or so before anyone would be home, but I wasn't thinking straight [duh].

I also remember that when first coming out of it, and even while going out to the garage, I kept hearing a phrase being repeated over and over, almost as if taunting.
I kept hearing a phrase being repeated over and over, almost as if taunting.
I don't remember the phrase but it involved a little rhyme and it fit perfectly into the thrumming (throbbing and humming) rhythm of the S.d. afterglow.

Within five or ten minutes I was feeling normal again, but still in awe.

The next night I tried the same thing. The reaction was not as strong, or perhaps I was more prepared for it. This time, the 'thrumming' was the first thing I noticed. I recognized it immediately as 'Salvia divinorum territory'. And there was a marching band, led by a girl with pony tails and a pleated skirt and bare knees. They were marching towards me and letting everyone know that there I was, sprawled on the floor of the porch (a precaution I had taken to avoid leaning in my chair). Again, it was kind of like taunting, in rhythm to that thrumming feeling. The come-up was very fast and it was over in minutes.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 81336
Published: Jan 27, 2020Views: 428
Salvia divinorum (44) : Entities / Beings (37), General (1), Alone (16)