Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Performance Anxiety No More
Propranolol (Inderal)
by Trumpetplayer
Citation:   Trumpetplayer. "Performance Anxiety No More: An Experience with Propranolol (Inderal) (exp81355)". Erowid.org. Sep 24, 2009. erowid.org/exp/81355

repeated   Pharms - Propranolol

I've spent enough time abusing various substances - some in order to cut back on the anxiety that comes with orchestral auditions or concerts. Some see beta-blockers as cheating when it comes to taking auditions, but it the cut-throat music business of today, any edge I have is one-up on the next guy in line for the job. Beta-blockers take away that anxiety that would normally make me miss notes or get so nervous that I can't even play. I only take them when needed - auditions, large performances, etc. but I think they are great. I may give a try at taking a few just for fun, but right now, I'd say they are a great friend to musicians or anyone that has anxiety in front of crowds. My typical dose is 40mg.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 81355
Published: Sep 24, 2009Views: 42,901
Pharms - Propranolol (72) : Medical Use (47), Performance Enhancement (50), Health Benefits (32), Workplace (51)