Touch of God to Manic Reality
Anadenanthera peregrina
by Gray Moth
Citation:   Gray Moth. "Touch of God to Manic Reality: An Experience with Anadenanthera peregrina (exp81454)". Erowid.org. Apr 28, 2021. erowid.org/exp/81454

1.5 - 2 g oral Anadenanthera peregrina (tea)
    vaporized Anadenanthera peregrina

I recently prepared some yopo from the tree in my front yard, I attempted 2 trips but snorting hurt too much and the experience was too breakable.

So last night I brewed it in some tea (part nutmeg to 3 parts basil leaf for the MAOI. Actually tasted really good). After drinking it when everyone had gone to bed I layed down on my bed to meditate. I played some goa trance music on my ipod and waited. After what felt like an eternity a gray moth landed on my chest. I heard that yopo makes you see ur spiritual animal but this was unexpected (especially because its gray and I'm black). The moth then liquidized into my chest and the trip began. Don't remember much other than seeing extremely detailed art and moths. (I think my eyes were closed) Then I felt that my mind was being tugged into a tunnel to the sky. I felt that this was god gaze. And ecstasy overcame me. The visions soon faded but I wanted more so I went outside to vaporize some more yopo.

Big mistake. There were no more visions. But I had sparked a manic episode. My mind and thoughts were on fire and confusing, it hard to discribe, it was like anxiety and ecstasy at the same time. I went to take a shower to calm down and let my thoughts free. Time slipped away and what felt like 15 min. turned to be 2 1/2 hours.

Conclusion Yopo is for the experienced, not for meditators in training like me.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 81454
Published: Apr 28, 2021Views: 163
Anadenanthera peregrina (285) : Difficult Experiences (5), Preparation / Recipes (30), Alone (16)