Spiral Erowid Zip Hoodie
This black mid-weight zip hoodie (80/20) has front pockets,
an Erowid logo on front chest, and a spiral design on back.
Donate and receive yours!
Handle Me With Care
DHEA
by Baron D.
Citation:   Baron D.. "Handle Me With Care: An Experience with DHEA (exp82512)". Erowid.org. Oct 19, 2020. erowid.org/exp/82512

50 mg oral DHEA (daily)

I learned about DHEA after a brief experience with testosterone enanthate injections, which I had used in moderation more for the 'Superman' feeling than to bulk up in my workout.

Amazingly, I found two strengths of DHEA available among the nutritional supplements at the world's largest retail chain. And cheap, too! So I picked up a bottle of the 25mg strength. I took two on the ride home. Within 30 minutes, I felt the effects.

While injections of testosterone enanthate generally take a day or two to spread out from the intramuscular injection site (people, only a doctor should inject test. enth.), DHEA came on quickly. I felt my energy levels rising, and within hours I was on top of the world. I was intrigued by the chemical name, dehydroepiandrosterone, and how similar it was to the street 'roid Andro.

This is how DHEA makes me feel at 50mg per day--energized, optimistic, oversexed, and 'sped up.' The drawbacks are jitteriness, unpredictable bouts of aggressive feelings, and eliminated appetite.

At 30, I know it's a bit early to be using it, but I've become physically leaner and stronger, as well as mentally more goal-oriented. I am diagnosed with ADHD, and it seems to help me focus.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 82512
Published: Oct 19, 2020Views: 753
DHEA (171) : Performance Enhancement (50), Retrospective / Summary (11), Not Applicable (38)