Perfect Sedative
Chamomile
by Euslace Nodd
Citation:   Euslace Nodd. "Perfect Sedative: An Experience with Chamomile (exp82693)". Erowid.org. Feb 23, 2018. erowid.org/exp/82693

3.5 Tbsp oral Chamomile (tea)

I cant believe there aren't ANY reports on chamomile. I guess its just so obvious people dismiss it, but don't be fooled, one can get a very, very pleasant feeling from a cup o' cham.

Chamomile actually has a sedative in it. I would compare it do taking a Xanax. I make it very strong and break apart the flowers before steeping, use at least 3-4 tablespoons.

I can't believe how underrated it is; Ive had St. John's wort, damiana, valerian, kava, all that herbal stuff, and chamomile gives the most pleasant, consistent, nontolerant sedation of anything.

I convinced my father to have a glass last night. This morning he told me he only lasted ten minutes after drinking it and what the hell did I put in it? He said he hadn't gotten sleep like that in years.

The sleep I had was so DEAD and so SOUND, like I was dead. Usually when I wake up in the morning I sit in bed and think and look around, but this morning I was awake and no thoughts went through my head, no tossing/turning, I was still getting rest while I was awake.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 82693
Published: Feb 23, 2018Views: 2,684
Chamomile (428) : General (1), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Unknown Context (20)