Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
So Far the Feeling Is Pretty Good
Kava
by ismoketrees
Citation:   ismoketrees. "So Far the Feeling Is Pretty Good: An Experience with Kava (exp82920)". Erowid.org. Jun 2, 2020. erowid.org/exp/82920

8 capsls oral Kava (extract)
  T+ 1:00 4 capsls oral Kava (extract)
  T+ 2:00 4 capsls oral Kava (extract)
  T+ 3:00 4 capsls oral Kava (extract)

Another Victory for Kava

First off I have tried about 6 different kava products. Drops, elixirs, paste, liquid gel caps, and an instant drink mix. The reason I did not try the actual drink is because it seemed like a timely process and I have been infected with laziness since birth. So I tried all of these different forms and was disappointed to find out that none of them worked for me. I thought I was out 100 bucks. But then I read an experience report and was happy to learn that I was being a b!tch and just took too little. The amount of kavalactones in one properly made drink were much more than I was getting from my FDA recommended 3 gel caps a day. So I took 8. Each gel cap had 409 mg of concentrated extract of kava kava root, and 225mg total kavalactones. You can do the math. I took 8 initially and have take 4 every 30-60 minutes cause I would forget to take them every 30 mins.

So far the feeling is pretty good. Feeling lightheaded, something I donít consider bad. My hands and feet are cold but thatís probably just cause I have no socks on and the house is cold. Iím a marijuana user and I thought I would want to watch some TV or a movie or have munchies but alas I am not hungry and do not want to watch anything. The only thing I want to do get outside and observe whatever there is to observe out there. There are many other effects form this that I am feeling but I am no good at describing them. Euphoria, probably leaning towards yes. Body high, yes too. Oh I have some mild stomach discomfort but nothing that would make me never do this again.
Well hereís a timeline

T00:00 8 gel caps
T01:00 4 gel caps
T02:00 4 gel caps
T03:00 4 gel caps

These are all liquid gel caps. I havenít had anything to eat in 9 hours (I woke up just a bit ago).

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 82920
Published: Jun 2, 2020Views: 606
Kava (30) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Alone (16)