Help us be a 2020 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Relaxation and Euphoria
Kratom
by spiritontheroof
Citation:   spiritontheroof. "Relaxation and Euphoria: An Experience with Kratom (exp83177)". Erowid.org. Mar 27, 2018. erowid.org/exp/83177

6 g oral Kratom (ground / crushed)
    smoked Cannabis (daily)
    smoked Tobacco - Cigarettes (daily)

Some background on me: Iím 16 years old, a female college student. I smoke cannabis and cigarettes on a daily basis, smoke salvia fairly regularly, and have tried LSD and cocaine once each. However I havenít had any experience with opiates, other than some prescription pain killers when I was about 11. Drugs tend to affect me differently than they do other people, so I donít know how much my experience can be generalized.

I never had any particular desire to try kratom, but I received a free sample (in powder form) when I ordered salvia, and while I was bored during winter break I figured I might as well try it. I put approximately 6 grams into a glass of cold water and gulped it down.

After maybe 10 minutes I started to feel somewhat zoned out. Since I was pretty skeptical about the kratom working, I dismissed it as the placebo effect. I played around on the computer and listened to music for about the next 30 minutes. I gradually became more spaced out and unfocused, but otherwise there werenít any other effects, definitely not anything physical.

I decided to try to write in my journal to record how I was feeling, but I kept getting distracted so it took me about 20 minutes to write a few sentences. Over that period the effects got significantly stronger and I became extremely relaxed, almost too relaxed to think.
I also started to feel the beginnings of euphoria. My entry reads: ďI had a glass of water with the kratom powder in it. It was maybe 40 minutes when I started drinking it. The effects really arenít that strong, but definitely noticeable. I feel stoned, pretty much. My mind is ďblankĒ in the same way, but thereís also definitely some euphoria right now. I[t] just got stronger.Ē

At this point I was approximately an hour into the experience and was feeling pretty strong effects. I still felt zoned out, like I couldnít quite think consciously, but the euphoria was the dominant symptom. I got up to have a cigarette, and then spent literally the next two hours pacing around my house. After about an hour the euphoria became more intermittent; Iíd spend a few minutes feeling relatively sober, then another wave of happiness and excitement would roll through me.

I decided to make some food since I hadnít eaten for about four hours prior to taking the kratom, since I heard it can cause nausea. I figured that since I had mostly come down I would be fine. I was dead wrong. I donít know how long it takes for kratom wear off enough to the point where you can eat, but 3.5 hours is not enough. I must have spent close to an hour feeling unbelievably sick, during which the lingering psychological effects completely disappeared, before I managed to vomit.
Overall, I had a good experience with kratom.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 83177
Published: Mar 27, 2018Views: 720
Kratom (203) : First Times (2), Alone (16)