Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
So What if Things Sound Weird?
Sinicuichi
by Peaches
Citation:   Peaches. "So What if Things Sound Weird?: An Experience with Sinicuichi (exp83371)". Erowid.org. Oct 21, 2016. erowid.org/exp/83371

1000 ml oral Heimia salicifolia (tea)

Rise of the Ancient One...

I like many heard of and was intrigued by this supposed auditory hallucinogen. It seemed like a novel psychoactive and it fell into the category: Interferes the least with my life. 'So what if things sound weird?' as long as I could see the world and interact with it normally it seemed like a safe bet.

Against better judgement I threw caution to the wind and eyed up what I assumed to be reasonable dose: a fist full of foliage which was boiled for 20 minutes in roughly a liter of water. The water had turned a brown-ish color but it still had a slight green tint to it. The concoction was poured into a two liter soda bottle leaving it only half full (basis for the estimate of 1 litre). It was left to cool for two days in my closet until the night of the experiment. I drank all of the liquid which reminded me of tea without sugar mixed with a little menthol.

First effects noticed were a slightly altered sensation like the green hit on some average pot, next came the giddiness which was also mediocre as compared to mary j, and finally before I fell asleep there were tracers dancing around at the edge of my visual field like a sparkly border on my eyes. I awoke the next morning feeling refreshed, but something was wrong. I was having difficulty breathing, it felt as if my lungs caught fire every time I inhaled. I tried to jump out of bed but my legs and back were sore as if I spent all night in rigorous weight training. It took me at least an hour to finally roll out of bed and sit up but I still couldn't walk, my legs were burning in protest, even the soles of my feet felt like I had bruised them. I shuffled to the bathroom several times during the day all the while wheezing, trying to catch my breath.

The pain subsided naturally after about six hours. I have no idea what caused this reaction but it has made me stare at the ziploc baggy on my dresser instead of try it one more time.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 83371
Published: Oct 21, 2016Views: 1,220
Heimia salicifolia (150) : Hangover / Days After (46), First Times (2), Alone (16)