Black & Brown & Yellow & Red Lives Matter
Every. Life. We're all in this together. Let's all do what we can to
make the world a better place. Breathe. Appreciate the breath.
Wounded Healer
Methamphetamine
by methgrl
Citation:   methgrl. "Wounded Healer: An Experience with Methamphetamine (exp83480)". Erowid.org. Sep 19, 2019. erowid.org/exp/83480

Methamphetamine
      Barbiturates
      Pharmaceuticals

This report has come from my own experiences, and what I have observed firsthand through my own eyes. I was inspired to document what I experienced in order to remind me that what I had done was so dangerous and threatening. Having seen through the illusions, I tried to capture the reality of what I was meddling in. Fortunately, I am able to share this with the world, and my hope is that these words will penetrate to the truth of this demonic substance so that others can know. This is not to be taken lightly.

To put it simply, I was on the verge of a heart attack. I first felt a pain between my shoulder blades
I first felt a pain between my shoulder blades
, and assumed it was from being in front of the computer, typing like a crazed tweaker. Later, when I tried to shake it off, and stopped typing to lie down for a while, the pain did not subside. Instead, it radiated to the front of my chest, from my heart, and that is when I realized that it was an overdose. On top of that, my pupils had never been so dilated, and I had a tingling numbness in my outer extremities, fingers, and toes because my heart was unable to circulate blood there. And though my poor heart tried with all its might, it went into overdrive. As I felt my rapid pulse persisting, I tried taking deep breaths and realized that it was impossible. I simply could not take a deep breath, and this scared the living daylights out of me. So, there I was, unable to breath, pain in my chest, numbness in my hands and feet, and the onset of utter PANIC. Lucky for me, I did some quick research and found what I needed to bring my blood pressure down, and sedate myself enough so that I could actually sleep, if you can believe it! Fortunately, I live with someone who has high blood pressure, so there were several different types of prescription medications that I had access to, which are made to lower blood pressure. This along with a combination of some barbiturates saved me from a potentially serious situation.

I did not end up in the ER, but really, I donít know what would have happened to me had those medications not been on hand. In all seriousness, I believe that it would have been highly likely for me to go into cardiac arrest, and I was alone in my house. No one would have been around to help me, or even know that I needed help.

It was one of the most traumatic things I have ever experienced, and I think it is a gift and a blessing for me to be able to write about it as I am, and to have lived through it. So now I feel that it is my duty, and my responsibility to share this information. My hope is that my writings will raise awareness and bring those who have considered dancing this dance, to think again.

Thank you for reading this.

~methgrl

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 83480
Published: Sep 19, 2019Views: 580
Methamphetamine (37) : Combinations (3), Overdose (29), Health Problems (27), Alone (16)