Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $250 +, support accurate drug info, and get a
beautiful Huichol yarn painting, made by local artists in Mexico.
They're fabulous gifts! (8, 12 & 24 inch sizes available.)
Four Grams in My Espresso Maker
Coca
by furdog
Citation:   furdog. "Four Grams in My Espresso Maker: An Experience with Coca (exp83487)". Erowid.org. Sep 9, 2019. erowid.org/exp/83487

4 g oral Coca (tea)

Coca Espresso

I have been drinking coca tea for just over a year and normally use about a gram of dry leaf per cup. I don't feel any significant change whilst drinking coca de mate this way. I simply drink it because I like the taste and it makes a change from normal tea. The most I've tried in one cup is two grams and I felt nothing significant from this amount either.

A few days ago I thought about using coca in my espresso maker, the simple stove top macchinetta type. At around 10am I decided to use four grams of dried, finely chopped coca leaf figuring it may only have a minimal effect on me. Upon completion of the brew it looked no different from normal coca tea, apart that I noticed a stronger aroma than usual
. I added some cold water to cool and tasted the brew which seemed normal and no stronger in taste either. I drank the whole brew, which was a full 28oz cup, in one go.

After five minutes there were no apparent effects. At around fifteen minutes I was hit, quite literally, by a mild numbing sensation at the back of my head and chest. This instantly made me worry slightly and I had an urge to have a cold drink. My heart was racing and if I didn't know better I would say I was experiencing a similar rush to that of a normal line of cocaine. The numbing lasted for about five minutes and then dulled quite considerably but I remained feeling very euphoric!

Thinking back now I was most probably in a state of shock from underestimating the effects of the coca.

The euphoric state remained constant for a little over two hours in which I seemed very alert, very talkative, and when I put some music on I felt the urge to dance. It was a very enlightening experience, which was considerably different from my normal cup of coca tea! The effects seemed to come in waves which would resulted in constant thoughts of 'wow this is great' for around two or three minutes at a time and I couldn't help but smile. At around quarter past twelve the euphoric state tapered off and there were no ill effects, I remained quite alert until the early evening.

However, several hours after the effects had worn off I experienced some mild chest pain around the xiphoid process region (at the bottom of my sternum) which was where the initial numbing sensation started. There was a noticeable sharp stabbing pain that occurred a few times every hour. It was not severe, but certainly uncomfortable, and it continued until the following morning when it had stopped completely. I have never experienced this sensation before! And since I have not tried this method since I cannot be sure that it was the coca that caused this. An unlucky coincidence maybe?

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 83487
Published: Sep 9, 2019Views: 818
Coca (158) : Hangover / Days After (46), Preparation / Recipes (30), Alone (16)