Hand-Crafted Glass Molecules!
Donate $100+ and get an art glass molecule.
(Pick caffeine, DMT, dopamine, ethanol, harmine, MDMA,
mescaline, serotonin, tryptamine, nitrous, THC, or psilocybin)
Fainting While Stoned
Cannabis & Fasting
by Voyde
Citation:   Voyde. "Fainting While Stoned: An Experience with Cannabis & Fasting (exp83809)". Erowid.org. Mar 23, 2018. erowid.org/exp/83809

0.33 bowls smoked Cannabis

I had a frightening learning experience last weekend with marijuana and what I believe to be low blood sugar and/or dehydration. Iím a mildly frequent smoker of cannabis, smoking about one to three times a week.

Last weekend I went to visit a friend, W, at college. I was fasting all day Friday, which is a pretty regular occurrence for me. When I arrived W and I went to his girlfriend Jís dorm, and her suitemate asked if anyone wanted to smoke. I and Wís friend N said yes and we smoked a pretty fat bowl of weed together. I started feeling pretty high.

About fifteen minutes later we left to go to another dorm, which was pretty crowded with fairly drunk people. I was feeling almost uncomfortably high by this point, which was weird since I hadnít really smoked a ridiculous amount. I stood quietly and watched everyoneís interactions. My head started feeling very hot and prickly and my chest felt kind of tight. I tried to just stand there and wait for the feeling to wear off, but then I started seeing black spots in my eyes, similar to when I stand up too fast after laying down for a long time.
Usually the spots quickly retract out of my vision, but this time they kept slowly closing in. I saw a boy across the room sitting on a bed and his arms were stretched out, holding his girlfriendís shoulders. In the glow of the lamp behind him, I saw what I think was my first real hallucination from smoking weed. I saw scars all across his left arm, lit up and glowing from the lamp behind them. I tried to look at his arms the next day to see if this was really a hallucination and I saw no scars so Iím sure it mustíve been an illusion. Anyway, I was standing there in this terrible state of dizziness and confusion in this room full of people so I finally turned to W and told him I felt really weird. He looked very worried and immediately brought me to the bathroom to sit down. On the way there, I fainted. It was a very surreal experience because I fainted in the room right in front of the bathroom, which has a big mirror. As I lost consciousness, I turned to the side and saw myself falling in the mirror.

Because I was stoned, I thought I was having an out of body experience. I was conscious and unconscious at the same timeÖI had no idea what was happening. It was simultaneously terrifying and fascinating. I gained consciousness back almost immediately and W asked me if I remembered what happenedÖI had no idea. It was a very jumbled and confusing five minutes of time. W brought me water, which after drinking I felt better. Then I ate an apple and a clif bar, and felt almost completely back to normal (I was still pretty high though, obviously). I realized that when I saw myself falling it was because there was a mirror in the bathroom and it was because I was fainting. Iím not sure if I passed out because I hadnít eaten all day, because I was dehydrated, or because of both of those combined with the weed. Iíve smoked after fasting for a day before, so I think I mustíve been mildly dehydrated.

The experience of seeing myself unconscious was so interesting that I almost want to try it again. Regardless, a word of warning to those who may smoke and fast at the same timeÖmake sure you are in a safe place with people you trust and drink lots of water beforehand.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 83809
Published: Mar 23, 2018Views: 1,344
Cannabis (1), Fasting (178) : Combinations (3), Health Problems (27), Small Group (2-9) (17)