Erowid - Honest Global Drug Information
A Strange High
Paroxetine (Paxil)
by Triana
Citation:   Triana. "A Strange High: An Experience with Paroxetine (Paxil) (exp8434)". Erowid.org. Oct 27, 2001. erowid.org/exp/8434

10 mg oral Pharms - Paroxetine (pill / tablet)

I started taking this drug for depression and anxiety under the recommendation of my doctor. I had struggled with depression for a number of years and even turned to illegal drug such as E to relieve it.

I've been taking it for a few months now and I find it to be a strange high sometimes. Some days I feel so energetic that I could run a marathon and then other days I find it hard to get out of bed. Also I seem to have a strange fear of being taken off it after the one time I missed a dose and became severaly depressed. I find that if I don't take it at the same time every night that I get jittery and even paranoid. As one previous author spoke of trails...I get it sometimes but it seems to me to be like halos around the light.

I recommend that you carefully consider whether or not to take this drug. It seems from everyone that I've talked to about it that it is highly addictive. Also try and keep the dosage low so that if you do decide to take it that it will be easier to withdraw from it.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 8434
Published: Oct 27, 2001Views: 39,080
Pharms - Paroxetine (148) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Addiction & Habituation (10), Various (28)