Review Erowid at!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
("Share Your Story" link. Needs quick login creation but no verification of contact info)
I Was Having Some Serious Anxiety
MDMA & Bupropion
by ye-pirate
Citation:   ye-pirate. "I Was Having Some Serious Anxiety: An Experience with MDMA & Bupropion (exp84356)". Mar 22, 2017.

150 mg oral Pharms - Bupropion (daily)
    oral MDMA (capsule)


MDMA and Anxiety

A little background, I started taking 150 mg of Wellbutrin daily to treat my depression a few weeks before this experience. I had taken MDMA before this (not much though), most recently being (a few months prior) a red equals roll. This MDMA experience was much different than my others though. I have always taken MDMA with other drugs (LSD, Xanax, Heroin), so I had never felt anxiety while rolling for this reason I believe.

Class got out at 12:00 this day, and two of my friends (D and J) would also be rolling with me. They took the pills (capsules filled with MDMA powder) at 11:00. I took mine at 11:25. D texted me during class at 11:40 and told me he was already rolling. J started to roll at 11:50.

At around 11:55 I started to notice very slight euphoria, and I started to become very talkative. The bell rang at 12:00 and I quickly met up with D and J and we headed straight to J's house. The slight euphoria was still present, and some mild nervousness. Both J and D were rolling hard at this point (12:10). We got to J's house at 12:15 and I still just had a simple euphoria. We sat around listening to music for about 20 minutes and I still felt nothing. I started to jump around a little bit to get my blood flowing.

This is when I started feeling heavier anxiety and I began to feel slightly nauseous. I decided to go to the bathroom. I waited in there until the anxiety subsided. I told myself that I was just thinking too much about when it would kick in. The anxiety and nausea eventually subsided, and as I walked out of the bathroom at about 12:45 I started to feel a more intense euphoria. I walked into to J's room and D said we should all go get some food. I walked quickly down the steps to the kitchen and I felt a lot happier and much more content. I started to clench my jaw. I grabbed some food and we quickly returned upstairs. At 12:50 I started to roll. I laid down next to D and we started to talk about anything and everything. We put on some relaxing music and I started to roll face (1:00). I laid back and felt wave after wave of euphoria wash over me.

At 1:20 I noticed something was wrong. I started to feel very uncomfortable around J and D. I told them I'd be right back and I headed to the bathroom. This was my peak. I felt the anxiety rise up to a most uncomfortable level.
I felt the anxiety rise up to a most uncomfortable level.
I wasn't having a panic attack, but I was having some serious anxiety. I leaned over the toilet as if ready to puke. I told myself that I just had too much and that it was only a drug and that I'd be ok, but nothing was helping. I tried to talk to my girlfriend but it wasn't helping. I splashed warm water on my face but it didn't help either. I felt trapped, contained, and the anxiety was only getting worse. I began to feel seriously claustrophobic. The bathroom was like a prison but it was the only place that I could go to help me calm down. I sat on the toilet now. Anxiety washed over me and I felt helpless, and for a moment I felt suicidal. J knocked on the door at 1:30 and asked me if I was ok and said that he and D miss me. I said I'd be fine I just needed to be alone. D texted me at 1:40 and told me to come to J's room, he told me I'd be ok and that he'd rub my back to make me feel better. I said I just had to wait it out.

I sat in there for 10 more minutes and the anxiety slowly faded away. I suddenly felt amazing. I looked around the bathroom and thought about how I just felt. I shook it off and quickly returned to J's room. They were still rolling hard and I was as well. I laid next to D again and we played some music and we all talked. We eventually went outside and we rode the roll out there.

From here to the end I was very comfortable and content, the anxiety didn't return. I got home at 4:30 and the effects had completely faded. The anxiety quickly set in. I sat in bed and I couldn't calm down. I sat there until 5:30 and the anxiety wouldn't go away. I took a Xanax at 5:45 and it calmed me down. I fell asleep at woke up at 7:45. The Xanax held the anxiety at bay. I fell back asleep and awoke the next day feeling pretty depressed but the anxiety was not there.

That night I thought back to how I felt during my peak and anxiety started to wash over me. I kept thinking about the peak until I felt no more anxiety. The next day I felt slightly depressed but the anxiety was gone for the most part. I don't believe the Wellbutrin caused my anxiety because I have felt anxiety during the peak before, but only for a very short while, and the other drugs (heroin and xanax) most likely killed the anxiety I would have felt. I don't plan on using MDMA much anymore.

MDMA can be serious business, so please fellow users, be safe.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 84356
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: 15 
Published: Mar 22, 2017Views: 1,772
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
MDMA (3) : Depression (15), Combinations (3), Small Group (2-9) (17)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission prior to your downloading the data.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults