"When historians pick up their pens to write the story of the 21st century, let them say that it was your generation who laid down the heavy burdens of hate at last and that peace finally triumphed over violence, aggression and war. So I say to you, walk with the wind, brothers and sisters, and let the spirit of peace and the power of everlasting love be your guide."
-- John Lewis (1940-2020)
A Strange Night
4-Methylmethcathinone
by mmmaniac
Citation:   mmmaniac. "A Strange Night: An Experience with 4-Methylmethcathinone (exp84759)". Erowid.org. Apr 12, 2019. erowid.org/exp/84759

500 mg oral 4-Methylmethcathinone (powder / crystals)
  T+ 0:00   repeated insufflated 4-Methylmethcathinone (powder / crystals)
  T+ 1:00 2250 mg oral 4-Methylmethcathinone (powder / crystals)
  T+ 0:00   repeated insufflated 4-Methylmethcathinone (powder / crystals)

[Erowid Note: The doses described in this report are potentially life threatening. The amount taken is beyond a heavy dose and could pose serious health risks or result in unwanted, extreme effects. Doses such as this have been known to cause hospitalizations and/or deaths. Sometimes extremely high doses reported are errors rather than actual doses used.]

I first tried mephedrone on newyears eve 2009, I must have only taken around 100 mg over 12 hours and I loved it, before this I had only tried a few drugs, cannabis, lsd, alcohol, this was a completely new high, so different to what I was used to, so a few months later I decided to started buying mephedrone over the internet with the intention to sell it and make a nice profit, this idea went away very fast, I bought 30 grams every 10 days like clockwork, selling 15-20 and taking the rest myself, big mistake, I'd be on it everyday after school, untill I went to bed, that is if I went to bed, id take 1 or 2 grams a day on the weekdays and around 4 grams a day on weekends, I was taking so much because I had built up such a high tolerence and I had a high tolerenece because I took so much. The most I had ever taken in one night was 6gs, this may seem like a lot but its nothing compaired to how much I took on the 16th of march.

T+ 16:30 I arrived home from the post office, with my 30g package of mephedrone with a few friends who where planning on staying the night I started by taking a 500mg bomb and then a few lines, I hadnt taken it in around a week because of problems with my credit card so I was buzzing, I'd forgotten what it really felt like, I loved and could wait to get more, this was probably where my problems started.

T+ 17:30 I made 3 bombs, all 750mg, I was planning on taking them throughout the night and had set alarms on my phone for when to take them. I went into the bathroom to get a glass of water and take one, stupidly and without even realise it I throw all 3 into my mouth and swallowed (I was quite high.) I've taken this much before so I wasn't really worried but this time wasnt like the last.

From 17:30 onwards is a blur, I didnt go to sleep that night, instead I slowly came back to reality the next day around lunch, I dont know exactly what happened that night, only what my 4 friends told me about, the night was a mixture of garden hopping, sneaking onto train tracks and crashing parties, all I know is that the 30 grams me and my friends started off with were all gone, they said I could have taken anywhere form 15 to 20, I didnt believe them at first but when they started showing me videos and pictures of me snorting massive lines and swallowing bombs bigger than my thumb nail, it was the only plausably explanation to where it all went, most people don't believe me when I tell them this story, they say I should be dead and I probably should be.

From that night on mephedrone had me by the balls, I knew I was addicted and I didnt even like it, I would come up in sweats and shakes every time I took it, no europhria, no speadyness, just hell. Thankfully I am off it now and back on to good old illegal drugs, I hope this was helpfull because in my oppinion all drugs are fine, aslong as used in moderation, something which I didn't do.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 84759
Published: Apr 12, 2019Views: 595
4-Methylmethcathinone (458) : General (1), Difficult Experiences (5), Addiction & Habituation (10), Hangover / Days After (46), Various (28)