Do you know about DrugsData.org?
It's an Erowid project that does lab drug testing of anonymously
submitted samples & publishes the results online. [See Recent Results]
Nootropics
5-HTP, Sertraline, GABA, Tyrosine & Phenylalanine
by Dave
Citation:   Dave. "Nootropics: An Experience with 5-HTP, Sertraline, GABA, Tyrosine & Phenylalanine (exp85473)". Erowid.org. Dec 3, 2013. erowid.org/exp/85473

50 mg oral Tryptophan - 5-HTP
  100 mg oral Tryptophan - 5-HTP
  2 g oral GABA
  4 g oral GABA
  1 g oral Tyrosine
  2 g oral Tyrosine
  1.5 g oral Phenylalanine
  2.5 g oral Phenylalanine

Since fighting depression for two years, I realized that any depressants either gave too many side effects, or stopped working in a month of use. So after experimenting with my diet, and activities, I got my emotional depression, and lack of energy (somewhat) under control. But my focus and some-what lack of energy was still a mystery to me.

So I decided to try nootropic/smart drugs to see if I could find the right substances to curb the chemical imbalances in my brain. This report was compiled over two weeks. And each of these dosages were tried 2-3 times each for the sake of science and statistics.

5-HTP

At first, I tried 5-HTP, which goes as follows: taken with Sertraline (zoloft) it greatly enhanced my (assumed) serotonin levels, to the point I could feel the serotonin increasing and acting my brain. SSRI users know this feeling as a bunch of yawns, a numb apathetic feelin. The dosage and results goes as follows (without Sertraline). Each of these scenarios were experimented several times each.I recommend 5-HTP over any pharmaceutical any day for general depression. And if you use other drugs, 5-HTP was a great suppressant for post-ecstasy crashes. And also boosted the effects of cannabis (especially the effects such as racing thoughts).

GABA

Secondly, I tried GABA in hopes of improving my cognition.GABA also appeared to make my cannabis highs become a lot mellower and slow paced, and the peak high was slightly longer lasting. Also, after the fourth or fifth time with GABA 4000mg, the breathing difficulties ceased entirely.

L-Tyrosine

Thirdly, I experimented with Tyrosine.L-Phenylalanine

Last I tried Phenylalanine, which is a precursor to Tyrosine.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 85473
Published: Dec 3, 2013Views: 23,376
Pharms - Sertraline (88), Tryptophan - 5-HTP (196), GABA (362), Tyrosine (363), Phenylalanine (445) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Unknown Context (20)