Do you know about DrugsData.org?
It's an Erowid project that does lab drug testing of anonymously
submitted samples & publishes the results online. [See Recent Results]
No Filter
Lamotrigine (Lamictal) & Venlafaxine (Effexor XR)
by landon
Citation:   landon. "No Filter: An Experience with Lamotrigine (Lamictal) & Venlafaxine (Effexor XR) (exp85631)". Erowid.org. Feb 23, 2011. erowid.org/exp/85631

100 mg oral Pharms - Lamotrigine (daily)
  225 mg oral Pharms - Venlafaxine (daily)

I was prescribed Lamictal for manic episodes caused by Effexor XR. I do not believe I am bipolar, I just think the high dose of Effexor, 225mg, put me in the episodes. During the episodes, I spoke very fast, had little sleep, major energy, irritability, walked out of school, and spent a lot of money on unnecessary things. I also stole from stores, which was nothing like me. The Lamictal stabilized my mood. However, I had no filter in what I said. I called my uncle on the phone and screamed at him for not being in my life. I told people in my classes to shut the f*** up. I got into a fight over a petty thing with my co-worker, almost costing me my job. On Lamictal, I was extremely aggressive. I know another person that takes Lamictal who is very aggressive, swears frequently, and has an extremely short temper. Two weeks later, I had to stop Lamictal due to a rash associated with the drug.

Now I am on Seroquel XR as well as Effexor XR. Seroquel XR helps with my unstable mood and has little side effects compared to Lamictal. The only major side effect of Seroquel is drowsiness, which went away in a month.

[Reported Dose of Lamictal: 50mg Twice Daily]

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 85631
Published: Feb 23, 2011Views: 16,384
Pharms - Lamotrigine (432), Pharms - Venlafaxine (191) : Difficult Experiences (5), Medical Use (47), Not Applicable (38)