Support accurate info and harm reduction.
Donate $50+ and get a Know Your DrugsData tee
They're Back? NO!
Salvia divinorum (20x extract)
by Z
Citation:   Z. "They're Back? NO!: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (20x extract) (exp86856)". Erowid.org. Apr 23, 2021. erowid.org/exp/86856

repeated smoked Cannabis
  T+ 12:00 2 hits smoked Salvia divinorum (extract)

Iím not a psychedelic veteran. I smoke weed, I drink on occasion, Iíve tried a shroom candy bar that didnít make me trip (it was cooked wrong) and have had only one other experience with Salvia.

It was around noon on a hot, sunny day in mid August. I was watching TV on my couch when I remembered through my morning-after haze that I had some 20x Salvia in my car. I had nothing to do until 5, which is when I started work. I wasn't really hung over, I just smoked A LOT of Cannabis before I went to sleep the previous night, so needless to say I was feeling a little foggy. With my parents out of the house for a few hours, I thought to myself: 'Why not have some fun?' I shambled down the steps into my garage, grabbed the little baggy, grabbed my glass pipe, and went upstairs into my room.

I prepared my room. I drew my blinds, turned off the lights, turned on some soothing music, and shut the door. I prepared my mind for the trip as well. I listened to some uplifting tunes, kept talking to myself, saying things like ďyouíll be fine, donít worry, letís do this,Ē etc etc. I was obviously nervous as to what was about to happen. The first and only other time I smoked Salvia was in the woods with people I really didnít know. I also didnít know I was smoking Salvia, so the trip was, as you could guess, terrible. I kept trying to make sure I was going to have a good trip. I thought that since I actually KNOW what Iím in for this time, Iíll be fine. Wrong.

Everything was in place. Blinds were drawn. Door was shut. Bowl was packed. Music was on. Pillow was fluffed. I held the bowl to my mouth, and a huge rush of nerves came over me. I recalled reading about what happens to people when they donít have sitters. Shit happens when people donít have sitters. I couldnít do it. I was so close, but I chickened out. I then called my friend/dealer, J. He supplies me with all my Cannabis needs. Although I wouldnít trust him with my life, I knew he would take care of me for 10 minutes. On the drive over to his place, I was a little nervous still. But my mind was pretty clear, no pressing matters, no worries until 5, no nothing. When I arrived at Jís place, I walked inside then quickly out the back door, since he was already out there waiting for me on the porch. We said our hellos, bullshitted for 10 minutes, then I was ready. I took a deep, long hit and held it in for 15 seconds before exhaling. The waiting is the worst part. I felt it in my legs, I felt my movements becoming slow and wavy. But I wasnít TRIPPING. I was aware of my surroundings, J, no visuals or anything. FUCK!

The second hit, slightly longer than the first, knocked me on my ass. I remember taking it, walking inside, seeing musical notes lying on Jís TV stand, then itís all blurry and fleeting from there. I immediately forgot that I had even smoked Salvia to begin with. I sat down on his chair and remember feeling this wave of anxiety, like something HUGE was about to happen. I just didnít know what. I immediately regretted doing it. ďI donít wanna go, I wanna be back in this world! No!Ē I thought to myself. But it was too late. I looked around and everything had this malicious air about it. All of Jís shelves, furniture, and tables seemed like they wanted to kill me. They didnít visually change, just their vibes did, I guess.
Then I remember stumbling across the room to sit on another chair, but the trip to his chair lasted an hour.

J was playing music on his stereo, but I knew it wasnít what I was hearing. I was hearing slapstick piano playing out of Jís speakers. Not the music he was actually playing. J doesnít roll like that, and even in my messed up brain I knew that. But then I realized it. Oh my God! It was a trick! J tricked me to come to his house so he could laugh at me, that bastard! I instantly felt like every movement I made was planned, like someone set this trap for me before I got there. Think of the Home Alone series, I felt like one of the bad guys falling for the kidís tricks. I literally felt as if I was on some sort of show, a huge audience and J watching and laughing as I fell for their trick! I instantly felt embarrassed. More embarrassed than if I pissed my pants in front of a group of people. I felt like I had done something incredibly embarrassing and wrong. The worst part, however, was that there was these entities that had faces. Stupid, smiling, animated faces, that looked like the faces from the Fairly Odd Parents. I would feel anger towards them, yet I couldnít do anything! I knew that they controlled everything that happened around me, and if I tried to escape, theyíd trick me again! It was hell! I then recalled the first time I tried Salvia, and I felt the exact same way. Embarrassed, scared, nervous, and the same fucking animated faces I saw the first time were here NOW! This wasnít one of these trips where people go into different worlds, or fall through any holes, reality seemed to mesh with this trip. I remember extending my arms out to touch Jís TV stand, and seeing little pegs popping out of it. When I touched a peg, it would go into the TV stand, but another one just like it would pop out right next to it! I felt that if I kept pressing those pegs, something terrible would happen. So I stopped.

Once I came to, J was still there looking at me. I told him I was ďback.Ē But the experience still lingered. I was embarrassed, shocked, and upset. I thought the trip would be different. I thought I would go into the spirit world, have a life changing moment, but no.
I felt like I was some sort of toy that was only there for those beingsí amusement.

Afterwards, I felt a little fuzzy, kinda like when I wake up after smoking pot all night. I was a little tired the rest of the day, but I was mentally exhausted, like I had been through some sort of traumatizing event. They say salvia isnít for everyone, and I guess Iím one of those unlucky people.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 86856
Published: Apr 23, 2021Views: 315
Salvia divinorum (44) : Entities / Beings (37), Difficult Experiences (5), Small Group (2-9) (17)