Review Erowid at!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
("Share Your Story" link. Needs quick login creation but no verification of contact info)
Recipe For a Good Time
LSD, JWH-018 & Nitrous Oxide
by Orbeus
Citation:   Orbeus. "Recipe For a Good Time: An Experience with LSD, JWH-018 & Nitrous Oxide (exp86991)". Dec 31, 2012.

T+ 0:00
1 hit   LSD  
  T+ 0:30 1 hit   LSD  
  T+ 1:30   repeated smoked JWH-018 (powder / crystals)
  T+ 6:00 2 carts. inhaled Nitrous Oxide  


One rather ordinary night, around 11 or so, my best friend R called me up to say that some people he knew had some LSD for sale and asked if I was interested. Neither of us had been able to get it before and we both had always wanted to give it a try, so I eagerly agreed and headed over to his place. We met up at our mutual friend S's, and he and his girlfriend drove me and R to go pick up the goods.

It was almost midnight when R and I each took our first hit, and about 30 minutes later we both dropped a second one. S and his girlfriend dropped us off at R's house, as I had never experienced LSD before and thought it prudent to just leave my car at S's for the night. The two of us just sat in the living room watching TV and waiting.

Due to some recent trouble, R is subject to regular drug screening, and as a result is no longer able to use MJ, a drug that the both of us had been regular users of beforehand. Somewhere along the line, R made the discovery of JWH-018 in the form of K2 'incense' at the local head shop. The effect was close enough to MJ (and legal to boot!) that it wasn't long before we had both all but replaced THC with JWH-018 as our recreational drug of choice. After a bit of mulling about on the internet, we discovered that we could (rather easily) procure the pure, white, powdered form of JWH-018, dissolve it in alcohol, and apply it to our own smoking herbs (R and I are both quite fascinated with herbology, and thus keep and grow several species at any given time) at about 1/30th the cost of the ready-made commercial blend (and about 1/10th the cost of standard, mid-grade MJ).

Sometimes when R and I are in the mood to get particularly high, we will take a small knifeful of powder and dump it straight onto a freshly-packed bowl of herbs. As we sat there at 1:30 AM, sober as judges, waiting for the fun to start, I told R to break out his bag of powder and pack one such bowl, to take our minds off the waiting.

The effect of JWH-018 in small doses is, as far as R and I are concerned, nearly indistinguishable from the effect of high-grade MJ. In larger doses, especially when freebasing the powder, the effects get more unpredictable. Accelerated heartbeat, nausea, sweating, and anxiety were just a few that I noticed the first time I 'oversmoked.' However, as time went by and I became more familiar and comfortable with the effects, I found that after smoking high dosages I would experience a high much like the one I had experienced the first few times I had smoked MJ, i.e., the giggling, giddiness, elation, and overall 'geeking' that newbie smokers often describe. Basically, the stuff gets you higher than snakes on a plane.

Within a minute of taking that first hit, I began to feel the familiar warming sensation of my cannabanoid receptors being agonized. Within five minutes we were both geeking our butts off. The transition from the cannabis-like high of JWH-018 to the psychedelic trip of LSD was a very smooth one. I can't even be sure exactly when one faded to the other, but at some point R and I got up and just started walking around the house, focusing intently on different objects, pictures, plants, and so forth, in an attempt to prompt the visual and perceptual distortions that LSD is said to bring.

While intently studying a somewhat abstract oil painting of a wetland scene, I began to see the shapes of all sorts of animals coming and going amongst the splotches, much in the same way I used to find shapes in clouds as a kid. The effect was a great deal more subtle than I had anticipated, especially considering that I taken a double dose. Because of things I'd read and heard, I was half expecting to see Optimus Prime walk through the front door and start making out with my high-school biology teacher. What I experienced was much more reminiscent of the types of visuals I had seen as a young child, when my still underdeveloped mind would play tricks on me (and before my parents discovered that my eyes required rather strong corrective lenses). When I closed my eyes, colors would come and go somewhat like a kaleidoscope, but again, this was nothing unlike the sorts of things I saw as a kid whenever I closed my eyes to go to sleep at night, mayhaps only a bit more intense. There were a few times when I could swear I could see the brushstrokes of reality, and the space between the building blocks of existence, but these sensations were more metaphysical than optical, though they were accompanied with some blending and visual distortion.

I would like to go on record as saying that as a visual/auditory hallucinogen, LSD pales in comparison to Salvia divinorum, Psilocybe mushrooms, Datura, nutmeg, and even over-the-counter Benadryl which is indeed a deliriant/hallucinogen that I would advise against using it, as I have been hospitalized and my best friend prior to R actually died due to overdose. The only concrete visual hallucination I experienced all night was the rather frequent occurrence of little red dots in my field of vision. But again, this was something I had seen many many times as a child, typically when I would focus intently on the night sky, and is even still a rather frequent hallucination in my adult life whenever I have been driving for too long, been awake well past my bedtime, or (most typically) both. I would also like to go on record as saying that as a psychoactive in general, LSD is probably the best I've ever had, including MDMA (and none of the crash/hangover either). The minor visual distortions coupled with the long-lasting and constant sense of euphoria and oneness with the universe makes for one hell of an overall trip.

Several more bowls of snow-capped damiana and mugwort throughout the night did nothing to enhance the visuals, though the overall experience of being super-high and super-tripping was intensely stimulating and enjoyable. It was quite a marvel to me that I could be so 'messed up' and yet still be coherent, cognizant, and aware of my surroundings, fully capable of both rational, linear thought and abstract, imaginative dissociation.

Somewhere between the haze and the clarity it occurred to me that I had read once upon a time that inhaling nitrous oxide while in the midst of a full-fledged acid trip is regarded by some as one of the most intense and euphoric drug experiences under the sun. And as luck would have it, I was in the middle of a full-fledged acid trip, and there was an open grocery store within 5 minutes walk. At that point my lackadaisical romp through the magical forest evolved into a divine quest for the 'holy grail' of psychoactive experiences. I wondered with anticipation what dimensions a hefty dose of JWH-018 would add to the equation.

R was too lazy to take the trip with me, but fortunately enough his 1-year-old pit bull/lab mix puppy 'Rover' was more than up to the task. Puppies are a great thing to have with you on an acid trip, by the way. After one last snowy bowl of herbs with R, I set out with Rover on our brief journey to the supermarket just before sunup. When we arrived, I spent about 20 minutes trying to get Rover to stay put at the door. For 'some reason' it just hadn't occurred to me to bring a leash. After being followed through the door a half dozen times, I finally decided to just carry her with me, get 2 cans of whipped cream, and go. We got a few funny looks, but the employees were understanding, all things considered. I could not, however, shake the feeling that at least some of them knew something was up.

Once Rover and I were safely outside, we headed around the building to go home the back way. Once we were safely behind the store, I popped open the first can, checked my 6 o'clock, and huffed a great big lungful. Within seconds, the whole world exploded in a web-like matrix of little red dots. The euphoria that ensued was the most intense I have ever felt. Feeling compelled to share my joyfulness, I turned the whipped cream can down and sprayed a hefty dollop onto the pavement for Rover, who proceeded to go nuts, lapping excitedly at the white fluff.

At this point I found it utterly impossible to contain myself and burst into loud, guffawing laughter. 'THIS WAS SO WORTH THE TWO BUCKS, ROVER!' I howled at my canine companion, who just stood there, wagging and lapping. A minute later, when the rush had subsided, I finished off all but the last bit of the first can, and used the last bit of pressure to squirt out the sludgey cream at the bottom, first into my own mouth, and then on the pavement again for Rover. Again I burst into laughter, spewing white foam everywhere, which just made me laugh harder. 'I'M FOAMING AT THE MOUTH, ROVER!' I gushed. It was about that moment that I happened to look around and notice in the distance, on the opposite bank of a nearby drainage pond, a figure by the water, probably a local denizen out for a morning walk, just standing there, half-staring in my direction. 'OK, Rover, time to go,' I said abruptly and started walking as fast as I could back towards the house. Rover lapped up the last bit of whipped cream and followed close behind. I can only imagine what that person had to be thinking.

Back at the house, R had already gone to sleep, so Rover, Rover's 3-month-old pup 'Fluffy' (puppies having puppies, what a world we live in), and I divvied up the remaining can of whipped cream and all plopped down on R-'s sofa. Despite having been awake now for just over 24 hours, I did not seem to be able to fall asleep. Aftershocks of the nitrous would occasionally run through my body, and I would giggle uncontrollably in a way that to me felt like my larynx was somehow leaking laughter whenever I exhaled. Ultimately, this subsided and I was able to finally drift off shortly before 9AM. I awoke about five hours later feeling rested with no trace of any sort of hangover, aside from the disappointment that it was all over.

[Erowid Note: Unconfirmed Death Report. This report of a death was submitted with no verifiable details, no contact information, and no way to confirm any element of it. Erowid is choosing to publish this report to invite public comment and to allow anyone who knows about this event to submit details which we can verify. Neither this report nor any report of a death should be considered reliable -- nor much weight given to it -- without details that can be verified through hospitals, police reports, family members, or news reports. If you have information about this or other deaths directly resulting from the use of any psychoactive substance we cover, please contact sage at]

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 86991
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: 26 
Published: Dec 31, 2012Views: 6,611
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
LSD (2), JWH-018 (483), Nitrous Oxide (40) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Combinations (3)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission prior to your downloading the data.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults