Erowid Canvas Tote/Shopping Bag
This reusable "Ecobag" is made of 100% recycled mid-weight
(10 oz) cotton canvas, printed with the Erowid logo.
Donate now and receive yours!
Doesn't Work for Me
Zaleplon (Sonata), Unidentified SSRI & Unidentified Benzodiazepine
by shinystar
Citation:   shinystar. "Doesn't Work for Me: An Experience with Zaleplon (Sonata), Unidentified SSRI & Unidentified Benzodiazepine (exp88064)". Erowid.org. Feb 22, 2011. erowid.org/exp/88064

SSRIs (daily)
      Benzodiazepines (daily)
  60 mg insufflated Pharms - Zaleplon

I had taken 20 mg orally the night before and another 20 mg later in the night. This was to get a baseline for how sonata affected me. Besides a very mild relaxation I didn't feel much else and it definitely didn't help me sleep.

This was my first time insufflating anything, but everything went just fine on that end. Smelled kind of like flour, which wasn't too bad. Time was 2 PM. I insufflated 60 mg over the course of 10 minutes. Note: This is a pretty high dose!! Nothing happened except for a mild relaxation. I waited. Nothing happened. I was pretty surprised that nothing happened for me based on the other reports.

My conclusion is that I'm just one of those people who is not that affected in any way by Sonata. Take note that I'm also on a fairly common SSRI and Benzo for anxiety. It's possible that either one of those might be interfering with the drug action. I was also a smoker but haven't touched the stuff in several days as I detox to pass a drug test.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 88064
Published: Feb 22, 2011Views: 5,342
Benzodiazepines (434), SSRIs (396), Pharms - Zaleplon (161) : Combinations (3), Alone (16)