Have You Had a Belief Changing
Psychedelic Experience?
Take this Survey from our friends at Johns Hopkins
Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research!
For SSRI Withdrawals
Kratom
by Entropy
Citation:   Entropy. "For SSRI Withdrawals: An Experience with Kratom (exp88254)". Erowid.org. Nov 21, 2010. erowid.org/exp/88254

100 mg oral Pharms - Sertraline (daily)
      Kratom (daily)

I have been taking Zoloft everyday for almost 2 years, alternating between 50mg to 100mg every day.

I ran out a few days ago and was unable to get it filled for a few more days. Normally, after 2 days of not taking Zoloft I am in full blown SSRI withdrawal. Electric zaps, vertigo, fatigue, panic attacks, etc.

The same day I ran out of Zoloft I also received my order of Kratom 'Maeng Da Super RX' alkaloidal extract in the mail. I have been taking medium-high doses of kratom twice a day for the past few days and have barely noticed ANY of the usual SSRI withdrawal symptoms. I am still having very minor 'visual shakiness' but none of the symptoms are nearly as intense as what they usually are.

I have been unable to find any literature suggesting that kratom might be useful as an SSRI withdrawal aid, but if one is facing SSRI withdrawal kratom might just come in handy.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 88254
Published: Nov 21, 2010Views: 14,806
Kratom (203), Pharms - Sertraline (88), SSRIs (396) : Multi-Day Experience (13), Health Benefits (32), Not Applicable (38)