Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
In the Zone
Opium
by Prot
Citation:   Prot. "In the Zone: An Experience with Opium (exp8860)". Erowid.org. Aug 19, 2001. erowid.org/exp/8860

oral Opium (plant material)

I've done O before, once, at a festival, mixed with many different types of cannabis, including skunk fudge, and also some nice liberty cap mushrooms. It was an amazing, enlightening night, but it was five years ago and I've wanted to give it a go since - and on its own.

Imagine my surprise when I realised that the communal gardens to my house was the host to an opium poppy . At least it seemed that that was what it was. With no neighbours who strike me as stoners or anything similar, it's obviously a wild one, so I checked pictures, I read harvest reports, I procrastinated until, after a bottle of red wine, tonight I decided to scrape the damn thing and see what came out. It was milky white so, assuming I was indeed on the right track, I licked it a-plenty. Good idea?

Twenty or so minutes later, I am trying to write this, hitting the wrong keys, giggling to myself, and drifting off into a haze, listening to Tim Buckley. So it seems I've hit the spot. I reckon I'll run with it now (not a lot of choice the way I'm melting!!) and then go and harvest the rest in the morning. Oooh, yes, this takes me back. Nice!

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 8860
Published: Aug 19, 2001Views: 9,199
Opium (63) : Alone (16), General (1)