Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
Total Freak Out, Personality Disintegrating
Syrian Rue & Cacti - T. peruvianus
by Exzanian
Citation:   Exzanian. "Total Freak Out, Personality Disintegrating: An Experience with Syrian Rue & Cacti - T. peruvianus (exp88683)". Erowid.org. Sep 10, 2018. erowid.org/exp/88683

1 tablet oral Melatonin (daily)
  333 mg oral Syrian Rue (seeds)
  30 g oral Cacti - T. peruvianus (leaves)

Meet My New Bitch Rue Syrian Rue

24 Hours later and normality has never felt better. It has taken me that long to get over this experience:

1/3rd gram Syrian Rue Seed
30 grams HIGH quality Peruvian Torch Cactus
1 Melatonin tablet every night for the previous week

So I read about potentiating the torch with two chemicals, one is the natural sleeping aid, Melatonin taken every night for a week before the trip and the other about 1/3rd of a gram Syrian Rue seed crushed to a powder and consumed with the torch by my usual method (200 millilitres of electric cold super concentrated kool aid)

It was a complete and total freak out. Personality disintegrating, heavy visual bad trip!

It started out OK...Massive colour distortions and amazing CEV's, and really intense! Incredible OEV's as well. Everything was distorted, shimmering synergistically. Nothing is what it seems and everything starts to blend together until there is only what I can describe as ONE tactile visuo-cortico experience...It was like sticking six inch nails into a wall socket and flipping the switch. Everything becomes fragmented, including the fragments. DO NOT DO THIS COMBO.

The effects just keep getting deeper and deeper. Waves of intensity just get stronger and stronger. The ceiling melts, people's faces distort into hobgoblins, evil clowns and shrewd eyed mind readers!

I could find no respite from this experience for a full 12 hours! No comfort in sight.
Just a complete 40 Quadrizillion Gigabytes of overwhelming sensation and fragmented visuo-cortico mind warping overload.

Syrian Rue takes Peruvian torch to a whole new level of stupendity. One which has blown my mind away, causing a public embarrassment and leading to a paramedic call out (luckily not to hospital. All vital signs were 100% OK which allowed me to continue my miserable journey for the next six hours or so).

The MAOI effects of the Rue do not take prisoners and turn mescaline, an otherwise gentle experience, into something else...

I prayed to vomit and when I eventually did I might have thought I saw the first signs of maybe starting to get over this experience, but this was only about halfway through the trip, with all sorts of nasties around every corner still ahead of me.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 88683
Published: Sep 10, 2018Views: 2,214
Cacti - T. peruvianus (69), Syrian Rue (45) : Bad Trips (6), Combinations (3), Unknown Context (20)