Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Reality Puzzle
Salvia divinorum (40X Extracts)
by doctor
Citation:   doctor. "Reality Puzzle: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (40X Extracts) (exp88716)". Erowid.org. Apr 25, 2018. erowid.org/exp/88716

repeated smoked Salvia divinorum (extract)

Iím writing this to document a really strange experience I had with my third time smoking salvia extract.

My friends and I had just bought some 40x extract from a local headshop. Iíd tried it twice the day previous. The first time I just felt really heavy and laughed for 5 minutes. The second time was a trip in itself. But the third time was the most insane, so thatís the one Iím going to talk about.

We decided to go on a drive to smoke our salvia. One of us who wasnít on the salvia would drive while we smoked.

I took my first hit, and held it. A rush started to build in the back of my head, and I let out the salvia when the rush was too much. Already feeling the salvia, I took another hit and held it. I donít remember letting the hit out, and what follows is what I actually remember of the trip.

I suddenly felt like I was a hundred times heavier than I actually am. Moving any part of my body below my head was impossible. Although I had told myself to close my eyes this time, I completely forgot to. Every sensory input I had was impossible to make sense of. The music that was playing in the car completely faded away, and I donít remember there being music at all.

I looked over at my friend who was driving. Although I knew that there was an entity there, I couldnít grasp what it was or that it was my friend. We were driving fairly fast on a high way, so the sensation of moving and seeing what we were passing was unfathomable. The road and scenery we were passing was merging into his body, which was very unsettling. The side of his face split and began replicating, spinning off into a long fractal-like pattern that eventually would return to his face. Every time it returned it would start again, which I followed about four times. The inner ďspaceĒ where it wasnít going was pulsating in colorful patterns, though it was hard to focus on. Realizing I was just spinning my head and following this ďbreakĒ, I stopped.

We turned onto the road back to town, and I instantly knew that was the wrong way to go. I had an intense feeling of wrongness. At this point I regained the ability to speak, although nothing I said made any sense. I started trying to convey this feeling of wrong to my friend, saying ďStop! Youíre melting in to the way!Ē and lots of other nonsense. Sensing he didnít understand what I was saying, I got confused. I knew that I wasnít making any sense, but I felt like I was speaking perfect English and he was suddenly from a different planet. At this point I started to recall who he was, and when he pointed out my other friend and sister, who were in the back seat, I was shocked that they were in the car. They were both laughing at me, and I remember seeing them as if they were one-dimensional, painted on a wall.

As we pulled closer to town, I started to pull together my grasp on reality. The thoughts that had been running through my head started to link into coherent thoughts. At this point I closed my eyes, and explore the salvia space. At this point I had control of myself and my visions, but I also knew that they were just visions and not reality. I was flying through a never-ending space, with a geometric sky of pulsating colors and fractals. If I thought of any object or person, they would appear in this dreamspace, then morph into something else. Large cubes and triangles of crisscrossing lines of light appeared and disappeared. I felt like I was looking at myself in third person, represented by a being made of white light.

We finally made it back to town and pulled over. I kept seeing fractals when I closed my eyes for the rest of the night, but by then the trip was over.

I remember the thoughts that went through my head during the entire trip, but I canít make any sense of most of them. Reality had completely fallen apart, as if it was a puzzle that I had just been broken. The entire trip I felt like I had to put back together reality or else I would be stuck like this forever. Although I never actually put the pieces together, Iím hopeful that next time Iíll be able to go deeper.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 88716
Published: Apr 25, 2018Views: 1,006
Salvia divinorum (44) : General (1), Difficult Experiences (5), Small Group (2-9) (17)