Erowid Canvas Tote/Shopping Bag
This reusable "Ecobag" is made of 100% recycled mid-weight
(10 oz) cotton canvas, printed with the Erowid logo.
Donate now and receive yours!
New Year's Party Gone Wrong
MDMA (Ecstasy) & Cannabis
by Brett
Citation:   Brett. "New Year's Party Gone Wrong: An Experience with MDMA (Ecstasy) & Cannabis (exp88989)". Erowid.org. Jan 1, 2016. erowid.org/exp/88989

1 tablet oral MDMA
  T+ 2:00 1 tablet oral MDMA
  T+ 4:00 1 bowl smoked Cannabis

Iíve always been a party guy with drugs and alcohol since I turned 17. Iím 20 now and in college and still ďliving the lifeĒ with drug use. I consider myself experienced having done Cannabis, XTC, Shrooms, Cocaine, Nitrous, and various narcotic painkillers. My love for the high life changed last night at a 2010-2011 new yearís party.

My friend from college told me that she was having a rave at her town house for new year's and said my gf and I could attend. It turned out later that she couldnít get any E and decided it was just a drinking party. I still really wanted to roll so I met up with another and bought 2 monkeys. It was a reliable source and I trusted him a lot. I took my first monkey around 10:30 pm. My gf and I went to the party and everything was good. People were getting drunk and I was starting to come up. For some reason though I just wasnít rolling. I was in an annoying in-between state, which happens to me often when using XTC. Usually I just take another bean to put me where I need to be. I took the second monkey at 12:30am.

I was having a great time about 45 minutes after taking it as I started to roll. I felt great and everything seemed perfect. But I wasnít peaking yet. Thatís when I made a mistake. For some reason I thought I was already coming down (later I figured out that I was coming down from the first bean because the 2nd was taking forever to hit me) so I packed a bowl and began to smoke to make myself chill out. After I was done with the bowl I felt decently high and feeling good.

About 30 minutes later it was 3am and I began to feel weird. I felt like I was rolling again. It felt kind of good at first but then turned scary. The weed made the 2nd monkey kick in fast and hard. I felt weird so I went up to a guest bedroom with my gf to lie down. Everyone else was drunk so they didnít notice I was acting strange. I started to hallucinate while lying down. The room was dark so I kept seeing purple images of monster-looking faces flying around me. I stood up and the hallucinations went away. This is when it got really bad.

When I stood up my whole body began to tingle. It was a peak tingle but it was far too intense. My body was tingling so bad that it hurt. Every inch of my skin was extremely sensitive and was horribly overwhelming. My gf tried to help me by rubbing my back but it only made me overwhelmed with tingling pain. I tried to walk around the room but it wouldnít go away. My thoughts were spontaneous and depressing. I felt like I was in another world almost.

Every few minutes I would feel good for about 30 seconds but then it would return to the horrible tingling sensation.
I was rolling way too hard. This had never happened to me before so I started to panic, wondering if I was going to die. I began to feel a little nauseous and clammy. I began shivering and couldnít get warm. I stayed in this room with my gf for 2 hours almost trying to sober up. I took a hot shower and it helped for about 15 minutes since it caused me to blow up. But then even the shower started feeling bad and when I got out the tingling came back with the unhappiness. I started rolling even harder and had trouble staying in one place.

Several times I started praying to God to help and not to let me die. So many thoughts were rushing through my head. Eventually I decided I needed to go home and try to sleep it off. My gf drove me home and dropped me off. I slowly started to come down and not roll as hard. But the comedown really sucked. I took another shower. It was around 5:30am by now. I lay in bed and started to calm down but never did fall asleep. Its noon now as write this and Iím feeling pretty crappy but definitely not rolling anymore.

Hopefully Iíll sleep it off tonight. Iíve decided to change my lifestyle now realizing how easy it is to buy drugs that are stronger than youíre used to. I honestly think I was close to dying due to my struggle to breathe and comprehend reality. I donít want to experience that ever again.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 88989
Published: Jan 1, 2016Views: 1,947
MDMA (3) : Combinations (3), Difficult Experiences (5), Large Party (54)