Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
Similar to K
DXM
by Jay
Citation:   Jay. "Similar to K: An Experience with DXM (exp895)". Erowid.org. Oct 28, 2000. erowid.org/exp/895

708 mg oral DXM (liquid)

I bought two 118 mL bottles of Robitussin Maximum Strength Cough. Each bottle contained 354 mg of DXM. Came home. Cleaned up me and the room. I was preparing for a spiritual trip. i had meditated and all. I downed both bottles for a total of 708mg of DXM. I popped the 'Two Pages' cd into the player, laid back and relaxed. I was expecting a spiritual psychedelic trip. It was far from that. . 90 minutes after ingestion i had the feeling nearly identical to snorting a few lines of ketamine. The experience lasted a good 8 hours.

I began spinning records, Olatunji, The Last Poets, Donny Hathaway, then i tried some classic drum n bass, then house. but i found it to be annoying to do any type of movement, as with K. The effects were strong, and i couldnt have driven or gone about my business. So i chose to lay back in darkness and let my mind run free. The mind trip, on a scale of 1 to 10 was a 3. it wasnt very crisp or clear and there was little insight, just a restatement of the known. I wont use DXM again as I didnt enjoy the experience. It was just a serious waste of time in my opinion. In my opinion DXM is slightly psychedelic and mostly dissociative. It's similar to K but lasts for hours.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 895
Published: Oct 28, 2000Views: 4,905
DXM (22) : Alone (16), General (1)