Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
First Month Is Hard
Sertraline (Zoloft)
by Tahys
Citation:   Tahys. "First Month Is Hard: An Experience with Sertraline (Zoloft) (exp89677)". Erowid.org. Feb 21, 2011. erowid.org/exp/89677

150 mg oral Pharms - Sertraline (daily)

I've started taking zoloft for a treatment (panic disorder) and fortunately I survived the first weeks. I know a lot of people who had to change their medication because of the side effects.

Right from the 1st day, with only 25mg I started feeling sick and had no appetite. Insomnia also strikes, and I got dizzy a lot, sometimes for the whole day. Moving to 50mg the insomnia gets even worse, and I got weird feelings, like trembling at night. I started feeling hopeless and very anxious (which is weird since it's used against anxiety...), desperate to cry and the feeling is that that altered state will never end.

I do not recomend anyone to take this drug for recreation. It has no good efects AT ALL, specially on the first month. Choose something else.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 89677
Published: Feb 21, 2011Views: 8,867
Pharms - Sertraline (88) : Not Applicable (38), Medical Use (47), Difficult Experiences (5)