Spiral Erowid Zip Hoodie
This black mid-weight zip hoodie (80/20) has front pockets,
an Erowid logo on front chest, and a spiral design on back.
Donate and receive yours!
Would Probably Suit Me Better Outdoors
by kay
Citation:   kay. "Would Probably Suit Me Better Outdoors: An Experience with DOI (exp89966)". Erowid.org. Oct 9, 2020. erowid.org/exp/89966

T+ 0:00
800 ug oral DOI (blotter / tab)
  T+ 1:00   oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine  
  T+ 2:30   oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine  
  T+ 3:00 400 ug oral DOI (blotter / tab)
  T+ 14:00   oral MDMA  
  T+ 0:00   smoked Cannabis  
An Evening With DOI

Around 16:00 one Saturday I met a friend of mine at the station. After buying some food we went back to my apartment and I ate a little and we played some videogames. Around 16:30 - 16:45 my friend extracted 2 tabs of DOI (1600 ug each) from her stash. She took one and I took a half of the other. According to most information we could find a trip lasts at least 16 - 30 hours and i wanted to minimize the length as I needed to be at school all day Monday.

Around 1 hour after dropping I started feeling the first cramping sensations in my stomach but these passed within a fairly short time. I cracked open some beers which went down hatch extremely fast. the DOI was starting to take hold although the sensations were not very strong at that time.

At around the 2.5 - 3 hour mark the sensations started becoming stronger and I had a few glasses of wine as well. I could really feel the speedy effects as we started talking more and more and playing music instead of playing games. Thereafter the experience started becoming more psychedelic. It felt as if we were candyflipping yet the experience was incredibly clear-headed in comparison to both MDMA and LSD. I remember remarking several times that the experience was really awesome as it combined the best sensations of both with none of the negative ones. The empathy of MDMA and closed eye visuals were there but I was not grinding my jaw and did not feel like I was losing it as LSD sometimes does to me. I really felt as if it was one of the best substances I had ever experienced. We decided to split the half of the tab which we had still not taken.

At around the 6 hour mark we left my apartment to go out to a trance party. It was a bit cold outside but it was pleasant to be out in the fresh air and the cold was not very noticeable. We decided we would walk as the distance was not very great. Walking was absolutely no problem and neither was being out in public which is sometimes a problem for me on psychedelics. We went to a restaurant beforehand and I was surprisingly hungry, although eating was quite a chore. Watching the clientele come and go was extremely amusing though.

After leaving the restaurant we found our way to the night club where the party was and went in. This was the point where the nature of the trip changed. We found some seats next to the dancefloor and sat down and I proceeded to sit and sit and sit... I smoked a little grass, I drank a beer or two, but nothing could motivate me to move much. It was quite amusing once again watching all the freaks at the party. My friend sat down for a while as well but was much more active than me and was up and about talking with people.

From the time we sat down until 6:00 in the morning I was glued to that seat. I started to have really intense short dreams or closed eye visuals. I am not entirely sure if I was actually asleep but I became totally unaware of my surroundings while having those visions. I was thinking very intently about various things I needed to do, life, and some projects I needed to complete for school and came up with some ideas which I have actually used now.

I tried to get up and dance a few times but ended up sitting after a few minutes. There were quite a few pretty girls hovering around and at one point one who was very obviously rushing on MDMA came over to tell me to get up. I slipped back into my dreams for a while. I came to, and another guy was there who pulled me up and tried to motivate me to move. I slipped back into my dreams for a while. My friend came over and gave me a tiny dose of MDMA. It had very little effect and I slipped back into my dreams for a while. I noticed some light and movement through my eyelids and opened my eyes. There was another pretty girl, with some funky contact lenses which made her eyes look like cat's eyes, sitting next to me and looking straight into my eyes. I smiled to let her know I was okay and she smiled back and carried on sitting next to me. It was quite a cool feeling to have all these friendly people coming over and showing concern for me, but I did not feel at all motivated to interact with anyone, especially strangers. This is a typical reaction I have on psychedelics and can be interpreted as a negative one. In this regard DOI was no different to me than other psychedelics. I slipped back into my dreams for a while. One last time I became aware again and there were some more people trying to get me up and moving but I decided it was time to get going. I said goodbye to my friend and started walking to the station. At this point I was not really tripping at all anymore.

At exactly the same time as I starting walking, a girl who had also been at the party, happened to be walking to the station as well. She said hello to me and asked if she could walk with me. I was actually not looking forward to walking completely alone and so was happy to. We started talking about various things and it was actually really pleasant to be out in the fresh air again and away from the noise. When we arrived at the station, she bought a few things at a shop and then we sat for a while at the station and talked more about life. All of a sudden she noticed the time and told me she was supposed to be back at the party working at the coat check so we said our goodbyes and I walked home.

When I got home I slept for around 3.5 hours and when I woke up I felt a little unpleasant and had some slight tingling pains in my legs. I watched some TV together with my girlfriend and after doing so for around 2 hours I felt completely straight again and the unpleasantness was gone. The entire experience lasted therefore around 16 hours. There were absolutely no more effects and I felt neither happy nor sad and had a very neutral state of mind for the rest of the day. I was not at all tired but slept well through Sunday night.

On Monday I was a bit tired for the first few hours of the morning but the feeling passed around 11:00 and the day passed without incident.

So would I try DOI again? Most certainly as it really is one of the most interesting things I have ever tried, but I would rather try it in a different setting. I normally have a great time at parties on MDMA because it makes me friendlier and I am quite a withdrawn person in social situations. Outdoors, in the fresh air and peace and quiet DOI would probably suit me better. Perhaps mixed with some MDMA it would give the necessary kick to enjoy a party. But if it was DOI alone again it would have to be an outdoor party, with the possibility of getting away from the music and people. That would almost certainly be fun as well.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 89966
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: 30
Published: Oct 9, 2020Views: 1,084
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
DOI (259) : Combinations (3), General (1), Various (28)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults