Against the drug war but not sure what to do about it?
Join Erowid and help spread accurate, independent information.
Fentastic Fentanyl
Fentanyl
by Crustacean
Citation:   Crustacean. "Fentastic Fentanyl: An Experience with Fentanyl (exp89999)". Erowid.org. Jan 7, 2016. erowid.org/exp/89999

25 ug transdermal Pharms - Fentanyl (patch)
  T+ 1:30 1 hit vaporized Pharms - Fentanyl (patch)
  T+ 0:00   repeated vaporized Pharms - Fentanyl (patch)

Substance: Fentanyl Transdermal Patch (75mcg/hr) (non-matrix patch)

This was my first experience with fentanyl, and it was quite a pleasant one. I'm quite experienced with the recreational use of opiates. I've used codeine, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone, oxymorphone, morphine, heroin, buprenorphine, and poppy tea. My tolerance is fairly high, as 80mg of oxycodone provides a decent buzz.

At the time, I had very little knowledge involving fent, so I proceeded to search online forums for dosing instructions. A large portion recommended the safest method: using the patch as directed. Other methods involved smoking, and applying on a mucous membrane (mouth & nostrils).

T-0:00 - I applied the patch to a hairless area of my chest.

T-0:20 - Removed the patch, prepared to wait an hour for results before changing my method of administration.

T-1:20 - An hour after removing the patch, I had yet to feel anything. I decided to smoke the gel inside the patch.

T-1:30 - I poked a small hole in the top of my fentanyl patch, and squeezed out a small bead (about the size of a BB)of gel onto a piece of aluminum foil. I put a pen in my mouth, a lighter under the foil, and proceeded to inhale & hold for 30 seconds.

T-1:31 - Upon exhaling, effects were immediate. The rush is similar to IV heroin, but less intense.

T-1:35 - Felling great. The high came complete with the typical overwhelming relaxation associated with opiate use, but lacked much of the euphoria of other opiates. Personally, the feeling of relaxation is my ideal high.

T-1:55 - I'm beginning to feel the effects wear off.

T-2:10 - While still slightly noticeable, the effects have almost completely subsided.

For the rest of the night, I took hits of about the same size every 40-60 minutes. Each time produced similar effects. I can honestly say that fentanyl is quite unique. Many users of online forums seemed to believe fentanyl was too dangerous to use in any method differing from the traditional application of the patch. However, I found the high wasn't completely overwhelming, and the route of administration (smoking) allowed me control the intensity of my high with great precision.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 89999
Published: Jan 7, 2016Views: 9,975
Pharms - Fentanyl (223) : General (1), First Times (2), Alone (16)